Can't Fill Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Fill Color

I recently installed Windows 10 with Parallels on my MacBook Pro. Studio is working fine, except that it will not let me fill color taken from an origin other than the colors provided on the chart. When I try to pull a color in from another source it won't work. Very frustrating. How can I fix this.

It has to do with your font size. Read this thread for an explanation of why your eyedropper can't work and what to do about it: https://www.minutesmatterstudio.com/...yedropper-tool

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Merlyn! There was also a post by Marie explaining her work around. She uses dual monitors and drags Studio over to the second monitor and changes the resolution on that monitor and then the eyedropper tool works perfectly. Once you work with dual monitors you could never go back to working on a single monitor.

I found another fix that seems to work. If you go to Parallels and click on Configure....then click on Hardware....then Graphics....change the resolution to "Scaled". That seems to fix the eyedropper problem. I checked to see if it changed anything on Quick Books and everything seems to be ok. The window itself is a little smaller....I dragged it larger on both programs and all seems fine. Fingers crossed.
    Here's a screen shot....
    Attached Files

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      That is great workaround! Because essentially parallels is like another computer on your Mac. So it makes sense that you could change the resolution in Parallels.

Thanks for sharing!!

Sheer genius, SuElyn!

Comment

Working...
    X