eyedropper tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyedropper tool

I following the video how to use the eyedropper tool, when I try it will show a total different color. any ideas why and how resolve it ? Thanks

I have been having that very same problem. It is very frustrating. I've recently gotten a new computer, a PC, with all the latest and greatest. Ever since I loaded Studio onto this computer I've had that issue. Don't know if they are related, but that's my experience.

Comment

Please read this thread for more information about why the eyedropper tool is not working: https://www.minutesmatterstudio.com/...page3?pp=23228

Comment

I found this tool which helps you do a workaround until Studio gets the eyedropper going again. There are a few more steps, but nothing obnoxious. The download is free and safe. http://download.cnet.com/RGB-Color-P...-75799925.html
        The tool will appear on your screen over Studio and you can use the color picker to touch your Studio image and then copy the Red/Green/Blue values into your Custom colors. See attached screen shot. I've dragged on a drapery panel, and touched a color in the photo behind all the other screens. The RGB pops up on the Color Picker tool and then can be copied into Studio's Custom Color area - see highlighted boxes.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

It sounds like you guys have computers with a default font size larger than Studio's required 100%. The software development team coded the recent release of Studio (3.6 Rel 2) software to ignore your computer's font if larger than 100%. I
          However, I am so sorry to report, the eyedropper tool is not going to function properly. Computers with a native font size OVER 100% will be an issue for Studio. I was told we would totally have to rebuild Studio to allow for the font to be 250%. I will be sending out an email to warn people about purchasing computers with font sizes over 100%.

Can you tell me the name and model of your computer that has the font issue?

Again, I apologize about this font issue. I just learned about the font issue a couple months ago and have been in communication with our software development team on a regular basis regarding issue. I thought surely they could find a solution to this problem.

Meryln's work around is a very good solution for now.

Comment

Debbie...I am also experiencing the issue with the eye dropper tool. I have not changed my computer or any font settings, and my computer is more than 5 years old. I have an HP Pavilion G series. The eye dropper tool worked fine in the past on this PC. The issue just started happening since the new version of Studio that fixed the EXPORT issue. Are you saying this will never get fixed? And is there a font setting on my PC that I can manually change to make the eye dropper work again? Thanks.
            Mary Kyryk

Comment

Thank you Anna! Much appreciated.
            Mary Kyryk

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
              Debbie Green Sutherland commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Mary, it sounds like somehow your default font size got changed. When you change your font size back to 100% your eyedropper tool should work fine. The link Anna posted will show you how to do that.
          Working...
          X