X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webinars ~ 2014 Attendee Questions

January ~ Resolved

Q. How much does Photoshop cost?
    A. Purchase it on Amazon for under $70; http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-65225054...op+elements+12

Q. When you export a rendering or design on a photo, what output quality should you select?
    A. For an emailed version, use Medium; to blow up the rendering to poster size for example, use High or Very High

Q. Where did you get the color cards?
    A. They are part of the Studio program under the Elevations Tab > Paint & Color; the fabric swatch image is also there under Color Cards (scroll to end of list)

Q. What is the Benjamin Moore logo on your taskbar?
    A. It's a program called Virtual Fandeck; download it here: http://www.thebenjaminmoorepaintstor...fan-deck/sb.cn

Q. How do you create the copyright symbol?
    A. Desktop or Laptop PC with numeric keypad : hold down the alt key and press 0-1-6-9 on the keypad (make sure number lock is on)
    Laptop PC without numeric keypad : hold down the function key and the alt key and press M-J-O-9
    Mac - Option key + G

Q. I already have a logo template; how do I change the copyright year to 2014?
    A. Drag on your template from the custom tab. Ungroup and click on the copyright text box. Doubleclick, position your cursor next to the 3 and change to 4. Group and copy and paste back into custom. Delete the older version.

Q. What was the name of the watermarking software you mentioned?
    A. www.bytescout.com free version and pro version

Q. Can I create a watermark which acts as a hyperlink directly to my website?
    A. As of right now, I know of no program which does that but who knows what the future will bring..

http://www.digitalkonline.com/blog/author/dkwadmin/ Pinterest buttons and website help with linking

Anna found this comparison of various on line storage sites:
    http://davidpapp.com/2013/07/18/comp...loud-skydrive/

February ~ Questions & Answers

Q: Is Bytescout watermarking software free?
    A. Link to download--http://bytescout.com/products/enduse...ermarking.html The cost of Bytescout Pro is approx. $35

Q: Where did you grab the "light meter" tool
    A. "To get the light meter or (AE) to pick up more of the room light instead of the outside light point the camera to the upper corner and push down the button on your camera 1/2 way then move the camera back to the window view you would like to take and push the button the rest of the way down and this will help with the back light."

Q: Can you use the Remote Desktop app on the iPad to access MMS on your PC?
    A. You cannot install or access the desktop version of Studio on your iPad or tablets. To use Studio on your iPad you must purchase Studio Online then download the free app furnished by Microsoft. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/micr...714464092?mt=8

Q: You're saying we should use half the height of what's in studio or half the height of the actual repeat?
    A: They never come in correct they are usually double the size so a general rule of thumb you would divide the number by two, you will only change one of the numbers the other number will automatically change.

Q: Can I edit the sample of the rug on the Irfanview to insert in my picture so it has a realistic view?
    A: "To get a realistic view, (perspective) you will need to use Photoshop elements. This program usually runs 79.00. It does so much more than help you with perspective. You can also lighten a picture that is to dark. Here is a link to the perspective directions. http://www.minutesmatterstudio.com/f...vation-drawing

Q: I recently saved several of my renderings in jpeg and for some reason the picture shifted to the left leaving the white area on each rendering. Any tips about that?
    A: To find what will print when you export or print from studio click on view, click on workspace options, click print margins. This will show what your image will print when printing from a mms file. When exporting to a JPEG the computer auto deletes all the white space around your design. If you would like to keep the white space just draw a rectangle around the workspace, delete the outline and send to back. Now when you export as a JPEG you will get the same view as you see on the workspace. You can also press Ctrl + A to select everything on the page to see if there is an image you are not seeing. You can also draw a rectangle and remove the outline to center the desired images.

Q: Is there a free version of Photoshop that would accomplish this task or do I need to purchase the software?
    A: No there is not a free version of Photoshop Elements to my knowledge

Q: I just purchased QB for Mac computer. Would it work with the QB & Quoting on MM?
    A: No I am sorry but the QuickBooks for Mac or QuickBooks Online will not work with QuickBooks and Quoting.

Q: What is the VERSION # of the latest version of Studio
    A: Our current version for Studio is Build 9/10-2013 3.5.1

Q: In error the other day I clicked the MIRROR tool. I had difficulty trying to "escape" out of it. I didn't even know what it was, or how it worked. Tell us more.
    A: You don't have to delete the mirror tool you just have to click away and it goes away when there is nothing selected on the page. To learn more about the mirror tool you can click on the question mark ? in the upper right hand corner of your program and then type in mirror and it will tell you step by step how to use the tool.

Q: How do you scale fabric to the repeat of the fabric
    A: First when you download be sure and save the vertical and horizontal repeat information with the name of the fabric. Then take the fabric into Irfanview and crop the fabric based on the repeat. Once cropped you will bring into the program and click edit when you are filling the fabric and change to the Vertical or Horizontal repeat the other number will auto change. Sometimes I uncheck the ration and change the width only after it is the correct perspective so it appears to go in and out of the fabric by seeing smaller portions. Watch the mini clip on cropping fabric and adding fabric to a design. The mini clips are located in the customer hub area.

Q: Will I be able to get into the Minutes Matter website through Safari?
    A: The Minutes Matter website is available on all browsers, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome.

Q: Does Sherwin Williams have a fan deck like that too?
    A: Sherwin Williams does not have a fan deck like Benjamin Moore but you can go to their site and open it on your browser and use the eyedropper tool the same way to get the color into the Studio program. Here is the link to download the virtual fan-deck. http://www.minutesmatterstudio.com/f...rtual-Fan-Deck

Q: I usually get an email saying there is a new update for Studio. But evidently I didn't this time because my version still has the "Fabric" tab and not custom. Are you doing things differently? Am I supposed to now be looking for updates to make sure.
    A: We had a few issues with Windows 8 and waited to push out the update. We will be pushing out the update very soon.

Q: Is what your teaching the same for a mac that is using Studio Online version or is this for the desktop?
    A: Studio online is the same as the desktop version it is just located on a server so it is available for our cloud based customers on all their devices.

Q: How do I correctly fill side walls with wallpaper and not have the center wall change
    A: You would fill the back wall with one size, then you would edit the same paper in a new custom square to a little smaller and fill the wall. You would also have to put the side wallpaper in Photoshop elements to have the correct perspective just like a rug. What is great our new Studio Coach can teach you this step in the Advance class or you can purchase a private lesson to cover this step.

Q: When are you going to have pictures of dining tables, chairs, buffets, etc
    A: That will be in a future module. We are working on a bathroom module next.

Q: How do you add the Kirsch Designer Metal Finals to the hardware selection in Studio?
    A: Find a final on any vendor's website and save it as a JPEG. Import the final, then use the dimension tool and make it the correct size, be sure and use the Photo knockout tool to removed the background. Right click on the image > click properties > click fill and move the slider bar to make the white box around the JPEG disappear.

Q: How do I change the color of a rod that is part of a group for example in the elevation draperies tab
    A: Before you ungroup just click on the rod with the second click which is subselect > right click > click properties > click fill > select the color or texture.

Q: Where do I find the granite & stain samples in the Kitchen module??
    A: You'll find the templates for the Kitchen Module in the CustomerHub area.

Q: What is the best way to make shadows under furniture?
    A: You can create a shadow by creating a shape with the polygon tool and change the color to a grey, then move the transparency down and remove the outline, be sure and send to back or bring your object to the front.

Q: How do you determine the line color in the window treatments?
    A: I always use the eyedropper tool and find the color then go to custom and move the slider bar on the outside right of the color box down several lines, really something pleasing to the eye. After you do it a few times you just know how much darker it needs to be.

Q: When i have two images on the page why cant I scroll down to access the image that shows off the page...is there a zoom out?
    A: When you are zoomed in and want to move to another object on the page use your vertical or horizontal scroll/slider bars to move your view to the right or left.

Q: Is there electrical symbols for space planning
    A: Yes We have Cable, Electrical, Light and Telephone symbols

Q: How do you delete a saved file in custom area.
    A: To delete a item you have saved to your Custom Tab right click on the image and delete.

Q: If I am using remote Studio, do I have access to the Kitchen module?
    A: Yes if you are using Studio online the Kitchen module is located in the Rooms tab. If you have the Desktop version of Studio, the Kitchen module is available as an additional purchase.

Q: What about the new iPhone apps that help with the extra light.
    A: Yes you can use some of the apps for your phone when taking pictures. We recommend Camera+ and Pro HDR

Q: What is the resolution on your iPhone DebbieQ: So, you can get the app for the desktop and then you would have to sign up for Studio in the clouds in order to operate studio on a tablet correct?
    A: Yes if you own Studio desktop version that does not work on your iPad. You would have to sign up for Studio online to have access to Studio on your iPad.

Q: Are you going to add more furniture drawings to the module
    A: More furniture is something we are planning in the future

Q: My questions is about the bring to front and bring forward. I understand the concept but I don't seem to get it to work on the "bring forward. so if you could explain the difference and how they work. thanks
    A: The biggest thing you have to know about bring forward is that it is one layer at a time, where bring to front skips all the layers and brings it all the way to the front.

Q: As a former student (Studio I training) are we allowed to audit the future classes?
    A: Auditing future coaching sessions is not in play at this time but that is something we are working on, we will keep you posted.

Q: Are those all available to Studio Online users?
    A: All modules are available on Studio online. You have two choices, with and without bedding other than that you have access to all modules based on your plan.

Q: Where did she file the watermark file in her computer?
    A: She made a separate file. You can put it anywhere you want to I would put it in pictures and name it watermarked so you don't mix it up with the originals. That is why she put it in a different folder she did not want it to corrupt her originals.

Q: Could I have a review how to get the various site icons in the toolbar? so that I can easily go to preferred sites and folders from Firefox? I just can't get that right.
    A: In Firefox, once you have enabled the Toolbar in Firefox you can simply drag the favicon onto the toolbar.

Q: How do I access the Studio designs that are labelled in BLUE... they are not accessible?
    A: The images in the index that have blue fonts indicate that module has not yet been purchased. You will also find images that are green in the templates area and this also represent the module has not yet been purchased.

Q: Do you set the scale of a photograph before you put in the drapes?
    A: Yes I set the scale before I begin dragging any images onto the photograph.

Q: When is the one on one coaching with the homework being offered?
    A: Our next coaching classes will begin on March 25th https://minutes.infusionsoft.com/app...l?productId=21

"Q: If I purchased the desktop version of Studio, what would it cost to be able to get Studio Online to be able to use Studio on my iPad?"
    A: There isn't a discount for purchasing Studio Online if you have the Desktop version of Studio. The studio online is 52.60 per month. https://minutes.infusionsoft.com/app...bcategoryId=63.

Comment

May ~ Questions & Answers

Q: Any reason you un-grouped the cascade vs. going to image components
      A: No she just wanted to show that there are a couple ways to add color/fill to the different components

Q: Can you show again how to do the transparency of the treatment for the installer to see where we want him/her to install it?
      A: You just click on the image and move the slider bar that is on your quick access bar

Q: When you duplicate the page do you have to "set scale" again or does that transfer to the next page?
      A: If you click "create copy of page" all on the page transfers.

Q: How did you open the search in the space planning tab? How do you right click on a Mac?
      A: Just right click on the Group name, click search and then type what you are needing to search.
      A. To right click on a Macintosh, with a mouse you will need to change the mouse settings. Click on System Preferences, Click on Mouse, Click Point & Click, put a check mark on secondary, click on right side.
      A. Mouse pad or track pad on a Macintosh you can right click by tapping with two fingers at the same time.
      A.You can hit control and click on the track pad but that has not been working on the new server but does work on the Macintosh side.

Q: is there a way to make the font larger as a default so i don't always have to change it
      A: No the default is always the same and cannot be changed but you could create a text box with one letter the font you like to use and the size, then save in your custom area and drag the text box over onto your new workspace. Then all you have to do is double click the letter and type your new information. It will always have the font and the size you prefer.

Q: can you show how to minimize the ribbon again
      A: Steps to minimize the ribbon, click on the down arrow at the end of your quick access bar, scroll to the bottom of the list and click minimize ribbon. To open the ribbon just click on a tab and the ribbon will open up, move away and it will minimize back.

Q: This is awesome. I have a Mac and have Parallels, but seldom use because it has slowed everything down tremendously. I'm jealous!
      A: Add some memory and it will make a huge difference

Q: I use Studio Online. How do we get the pleat sampler page Evelyn referred to. She mentioned a bundle.
      A: Once you have purchased the Collection IV Video Bundle you will just click on the video and there will be a attachment, download the attachment on the your Studio Online account; it will download into your download folder. Be sure to save this template in My Studio Designs > Templates folder. If you don't have a template folder inside My Studio Designs, create one. You can print or you can export as a JPEG and email to your clients from Firefox inside Studio Online.
      https://minutes.infusionsoft.com/app...?productId=522

Q: You can import your quote into Studio? How?
      A: Make it into a jpeg and then you can import it just like any JPEG.

Q: Wondering if this is a windows or mac? just looks so different from my windows version
      A: Studio is always the same we only have the PC version of Studio, but Evelyn is on a Macintosh/Parallels and she has made changes to her Studio program and you can do the same. Click on Options in your upper right corner of your program, click style and change the color this is all Evelyn did to her program she also had her Ribbon hidden which I cover in a question above.

Q: Would it be possible to add European paper sizes to the Page Setup options?
      A: That would be something our programers would have to do. That may be something we add in a future release.

Q: Where is the search feature?
      A: Right click on any of the Groups and the search will open, we have a mini clip on the lounge, customer hub, and you tube that will show you step by step how to use the search feature.
      http://www.minutesmatterstudio.com/f...-and-functions
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z85bJuYv0jg

Q: I always use the closed polygon. Never the closed bezier When is the best time to use each?
      A: Anytime there is a curve. Here is a video that shows you how. This Video is located on the Forum, Customer Hub and You Tube.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7k4nzQ6eDY

Q: How do you add Trim to the bottom of a treatment.
      A: If you did not find a treatment with trim already added, then you have to add it a piece at a time if it is not on the treatment. We have trim under 9 Embellish-Trim

Q: Do we need to change the wall elevations depending on the paper size?
      A. You will need to make changes to the wall size if the template you are using cannot be made to the size of the wall you are creating based on the workspace. To do this Click on View, Click on Edit Wall Size and change the Width of the Wall and the Height will change to accommodate the Width you choice.

Q: Could you cover again, cutting out the pieces of a photo and putting it in the back until you need it
      A: We have a great video for this located on the Forum, CustomerHub or YouTube.
      http://www.minutesmatterstudio.com/f...-and-functions
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oabm52ANbyI

Q: I'm so glad I have been able to attend today. Designing on an angle has been very time consuming. So much so, that I had begun to avoid, avoid, avoid. I would never have thought of the red lines and beginning the design outside of the work surface I am accustomed to. Thanks so much. Libby Warfield.
      A: Knowing a couple tricks like this will make creating perspectives much easier.

Q: How do you put Page Setup on your Quick Access bar?
      A: Go to the raspberry and right click on page setup and click add to Quick Access bar. This is one of my favorite things I think about the Quick Access bar you can add and take things away just by right clicking and click add or remove.

Comment

Working...
      X