Mac Users ~ Copy and Paste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Users ~ Copy and Paste

When you are on a PC working on a PC Remote desktop you can click on your desktop and copy a image, then toggle back to the PC remote desktop and paste. You cannot do this on a mac., toggle between desktops and do a simple copy and paste.

On-line Users PC TO PC Remote desktop
    • Can copy and paste from desktop to desktop

On-line Users Macintosh to PC Remote desktop
    • Cannot copy and paste from desktop to desktop
    • Click on their short cut from computer and drill down to the desktop
    • Once drilled down they can then copy image then click on the remote desktop and paste.
    • Command 1 full view, Command 1 also reduces the view

If you don't have your redirect set up.
    • Open your remote
    • Highlight your Studio online connection you have set up
    • Click Edit
    • Click Redirect tab with the folder
    • Click on the + at the bottom left
    • Click on the down arrow at the end of the Path box
    • Click Browse
    • Click the location under Favorites you want to store things on your Macintosh

This will put a short cut under Computer on your Studio online when you want to retrieve a pic/import to studio on the online side.

I like to use the folders in the task bar on the online side to access my locations.
    To access your Macintosh you will click on the word "Computer" you will then see your Macintosh folder you created

Parallels Users to Macintosh
    • Cannot copy and paste from desktop to desktop
    • Can drag from Macintosh desktop to parallels desktop (you may have to install tools)
    • Click on their short cut from computer or Parallels folder, click home
    • Once drilled down they can then copy image then click on the remote desktop and paste.

To Install Tools
    • Click on Virtual Machine
    • Click install Tools
    • You may want to read on this before you do it and make sure you want the tools this allowed me to drag things from desktop to desktop I could not do it before I installed tools.

Working...
X