Trouble exporting mms file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble exporting mms file

Hi I am trying to export a file to my computer desktop. Desktop was always an option but it no longer is. These are the steps I follow:
    1. Export
    2. This PC
    3. Redirected Drives & Folders
    4. C on Desktop
    5. Users
    6. Kelli
    - this is where Desktop normally comes up but as of today it no longer does

If I select Owner instead of Kelli at step Uncategorized Groups I see Desktop but if I try to export to it I get a message that I'm not authorized.

Any advice?
    Thanks so much!
    Kelli

Hi Kelli,

The redirected drive feature works. You're on a Mac, correct? I am using a Mac too, and I can export from my Studio Online account via my Redirected Drive to my Mac Desktop. Try rebooting your computer, if that doesn't work, try to re-add your redirects in the Microsoft Remote Desktop.

Question: do you see your Redirects listed under "This PC?"

Comment

Hi Debbie. I’m not on a Mac. I’m on a PC. I see the redirect list but “desktop” is no longer on the list. I don't know how to re-add "desktop" to my redirects?

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        All of our PC users just copy the jpg from their Online account and then paste the jpg file on your PC.

When I logged into my account from my PC, I was not able to use the redirect feature.

Debbie:
      I've always used the export feature with no issue - any idea why the "desktop" is now under "Owner' instead of "Kelli" And, why I get the message that I don't have permission to use the folder?
      Also, what are the steps to copy the file? It's an mms file, not a jpeg in Studio

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think you would still want to export as a jpg. Are you saving all files (jpg & .MMS) to your PC?

• Kelli Chitty
        Kelli Chitty commented
        Editing a comment
        That's the problem. I can't get anything to save to my desktop on my pc. I really need to schedule a call. is that possible?

• Anna Davis
        Anna Davis commented
        Editing a comment
        Kelli save the mms file to the remote desktop then use your mouse or the short cut keys. I have listed both
        right click (highlight file)
        click copy, (ctrl C )
        click on your real desktop
        right click and paste. (ctrl V)

You can copy and file in your Studio online account by saving it inside your My Studio Designs folder under Clients.

If you don’t have a client folder, you can easily create one. Click Documents > My Studio Designs > right click > select New folder and create a folder named Client.

We have a mini clip located inside Customerhub in The Studio's Library > Set Up Your File System. See attached screenshots
      Attached Files

Comment

Debbie, can I schedule a call with you (or someone). I’m not understanding your instruction.

Comment

Hi Kelli,

What you will need to do is save all files (.mms & exports to jpgs) inside your Studio Online account. You can save/export the files to your Studio Online Desktop. Once that is done copy both files > Ctrl C. Then go to your PC and paste > Ctrl V to PC desktop or wherever you want to file/save them.

Comment

Hi Kelli
            I checked and the reason we recommend to copy and paste or cut and paste is the time. I use a pc and the remote desktop and it is so much faster to do this. I know how to drill down folder after folder and it takes a good 5 minutes for each screen to open and get to your personal PC. If you don't want duplicate files just cut and paste the design after you have exported it to the remote desktop. Copy/Cut is your friend when using PC to PC. Mac users can't do that LOL.

Comment

• Anna Davis
              Anna Davis commented
              Editing a comment
              :-) just a small laugh
          Working...
          X