Auto Save Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Save Not Working

Hi, I'm using the online version of Studio on my MAC, been doing pretty well, except I've never felt the auto save which I've set for 1 minute, is actually saving. So....to cover myself, I often save manually as often as I think about it. Just now I've been working on a floor plan....and have done many manual saves, but after about 10 minutes of work, I left my computer for awhile to make a cup of tea and without realizing I had forgotten to manually save before I left. I came back and maybe was designing for 10 - 15 minutes or so when I saved something to my custom tab and decided to name it. That's when things went wrong. The screen kinda got lighter...and it said it was not responding. I impatiently waited more than 10 minutes for it to right itself, but it didn't. All I could see to do was to close down and log off. I prayed the new work would be there when I opened it up, but sadly it was not. Any idea why this is happening to me, when it is suppose to auto save every 1 minute? And this has happened before....and I've really been burned. Is there anyway for me to retrieve the extra work I did this afternoon?

Hi SuElyn,

No, if it is not in your Auto-Backup then there isn’t another place it would be. 😢 One thing to double check, make sure the dates are sorted to show the latest date at the top.

Otherwise, I don’t have any idea what happened. First, question, regarding the “not responding” error, did you have multiple tabs in the file that had lots of imported images. Also, are you saving to your online account locally or does the file save to a file on your Mac side? I have found that if a file is large it saves faster if saved locally inside your Studio Online account.

Comment

SuElyn, did any of my response help?

Comment

SuElyn, I am also on a Mac and the same thing happens to me. The auto save doesn't seem to work. And sometimes I do get that not responding message and a lighter screen. Rather than waiting for it to respond, which it never does I figured out that if I keep hitting the message over and over like 10 or more times it finally goes away and I can save what I have done. It also has something to do with when you sign on, you need to give it plenty of time to fully connect the server. If I connect too quickly it can freeze and malfunction as I am working on a rendering. Karen

Comment

Working...
        X