How would you draw this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To's ~ How would you draw this?

The latest edition of the Drapery & Design Digest just came out. It features a new offering by The Workroom Marketplace: a coloring book of M'Fay designs. Of course, I immediately thought of the thousands of M'Fay designs that Studio comprises and wanted to see if I could duplicate their preview page. Are you up for the challenge? There are one or two tricky parts but the three main elements are "stock" Studio images with a few minor alterations.
    Attached Files

sorry, can't get the link to the magazine working

Comment

Just seeing this Merlyn. What a fun idea!
      https://pub.lucidpress.com/2022-0506.../#4xk7HrpI4J8T
      https://pub.lucidpress.com/2022-0506.../#4xk7HrpI4J8T

Comment

Ok...I can figure out all the pieces and even have the swag lay behind the cornice BUT I am perplexed as to which swag you used to get that perfect soft roll on the upper left corner and thin curve???

Comment

Thanks, Jeanne! The swag was drawn with the close bezier. I'll attach the .mms file so you can see it.

Our local library has an adult coloring activity each week. I may have to print out a few room renderings in black and white and let them have at it!!
          According to the class description:
          Why would adults want to color?
          Coloring has the ability to relax the fear center of your brain, the amygdala. It induces the same state as meditating by reducing the thoughts of a restless mind. This generates mindfulness and quietness, which allows your mind to get some rest and your creativity to flow.

I used to color with my children, and think we all benefited ha ha!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
            Debbie Green Sutherland commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve heard about some of benefits of adult coloring, but I haven’t heard it articulated like that. That makes me think I should try it again.

Ahhhhh...the old close bezier trick!
          Here is my colored version using my fav flower - Hydrangea - inside and out and including as many MM images to complete the room.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
            Debbie Green Sutherland commented
            Editing a comment
            Great job! Love the calming colors!!

• Merlyn
            Merlyn commented
            Editing a comment
            very pretty fabric, Jeanne, which sets the palette for the wall color, chair and the swag.

More coloring fun.... Relax your amygdala and add your own accessories, fabrics artwork, etc. the way Jeanne did, and let's see what you come up with! This rendering originally appeared on a blog using an orange chinoiserie wallcovering. http://www.aestheticoiseau.com/2016/...y-crush_9.html
          I changed the line color to a gray to let your imagination run wild! page 2 has a chest I drew which you can save to your Custom folder.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X