Set Scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set Scale

I am having trouble with set scale. Would someone please take this pic into MMS and set the window trim to 65.75" horizontally and send it back to me? My set scale ends up to be inf in the middle instead of the inches or nothing at all comes up. Also what is my monitor size supposed to be? 1920x? TIA
    Attached Files

your monitor should be set at its native resolution, 100%
    when you have trouble with the set scale tool, delete the photo you've imported and try again. Remember to drag your cursor from left to right and then release. Your ceiling height is 9', right?
    attached is an .mms file with the scale set to your window width
    Attached Files

Comment

Mini Clip Video on Set Scale Tool
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Fm9W15eHQ

Comment

Thanks Merlyn Your file that you sent back to me is correct but here is a screen shot of my monitor when I try according to your mini clip with a new file. Now I think my problem might be I have an older tv as my monitor. I can set the display at 100% or 150% doesn't make a difference I get the same results 1600x1200 but at 100% everything is smaller. Now if you have seen this before and have a clue as to an answer I surely would appreciate the answer. The numbers at the top and side are really funny also. I have not done rendering since I have had this tv monitor until now.
        Attached Files

Comment

yes, I noticed those weird numbers on the ruler bars and on the dimension tool. Do those numbers always appear like that, or just when using the set scale tool?
          and do you change the drawing scale back to the default before you try again? 1:20 for elevation scale?

Comment

I do not remember how to change the 1:20 elevation scale but I do either close the program out completely and come back in or select NEW by clicking on the red ball in upper left hand corner. I put in the 65.75" and then when I click on Ok it happens. I have even restarted my computer after changing the display screen.

Edit I found out how to change the 1:20 elevation scale.

Comment

• Merlyn
              Merlyn commented
              Editing a comment
              makes me think it's something in your technique using the set scale tool.... too many clicks or ??? Select the tool, place cursor on side of window, hold down cursor and drag to opposite side, then release... no clicks or any further.
              to change the edit scale back to default, click on the Edit Scale icon under View and then type in 20 in the World Distance box and click OK

• Debbie Green Sutherland
              Debbie Green Sutherland commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Merlyn!

I agree, I think you’re clicking as you end the set scale measurement. You only click once with your mouse to begin the measurement and continue to hold down the mouse until you reach your desired end and then simply lift your finger off the mouse.

Thank you gals, that is it. I was clicking on the end, why? Cuz in my old age I have developed a bit of essential tremor and when I get to the right side it does a dance. I just have to remember to keep holding it down until lift off. The other thing is even though you both are correct it took the two of you to make it sink in. Ahhh what a relief. Thank you thank you thank you.

Comment

Thanks for asking this question Barbara....I always learn something or reinforce knowledge of MM from others posts!

Comment

Working...
            X