Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quickbooks Question on using Google to send proposals invoices, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickbooks Question on using Google to send proposals invoices, etc.

I (and Vicky in a consult session) discovered years back while on vacation for about a month - that google automatically turns off "allow less secure apps" in your email settings if you don't attempt to send an email through google and your app (which Quickbooks is evidently considered an app?). After much research, Vicky found that what you have to do is go into your email settings with gmail and turn ON what Google says is "allow less secure apps to .....". This has worked for me every year when I take our annual month long trip.
    Today I am attempting to send an invoice after being out of town, and I went in to my settings to turn this back on, and I read the following:

To help keep your account secure, starting May 30, 2022, ​​Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password.

Please note this deadline does not apply to Google Workspace or Google Cloud Identity customers. The enforcement date for these customers will be announced on the Workspace blog at a later date.

For more information, please continue reading.
    Special Note on Apple Device Sign-Ins. Users who have not recently signed into their Google Account using only username and password will be able to only make new sign in attempts using the Google account type starting from February 28, 2022. Existing users may continue to sign into their Google Account using their username and password until May 30, 2022.

HELP! Can anybody help me with this - as I will supposedly need to figure it out after May 30, 2022. Who do I contact? How do we change this to be sure Quickbooks can email through gmail?
    Linda Yackle
    M.Y. Window Designs
    Crystal Lake, Illinois

off the top of of my head, can't you save your invoice as a .pdf file and then attach that to your email?

vickie is still an independent quickbooks advisor http://www.qbexpress.com/indianapoli...r-vickie-ayres
    Last edited by Merlyn; 03-17-2022, 03:12 PM. Reason: lost the top of my head, added it back ha ha

Comment

Hmmm... I've not done that, but will look into it. I spent the night researching! Looks like I'm not the only one with the troubles, as Quickbooks has addressed the issue with gmail in their HELP section.
      I'm going to work through it when I have time to document everything. I just didn't even know if anyone doing QBB support took over for Vicky after she retired?
      Linda Yackle
      M.Y. Window Designs
      Crystal Lake, Illinois

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Linda, Vicki did officially retire and sold her business to Jill. Her email is jill@qbohelpline.com. You could reach out to her and see if she can help.

• Linda Yackle
        Linda Yackle commented
        Editing a comment
        Debbie, I have emailed Jill several times and have received no response. Is she still doing Quickbooks and Quoting help?

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Linda,

I am not sure I don't even know her.

Thanks, Debbie!
      Linda Yackle
      M.Y. Window Designs
      Crystal Lake, Illinois

Comment

Working...
      X