Eye dropper tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To's ~ Eye dropper tool

I've used studio for many years and recently installed it on a new laptop computer. Since that time my eye dropper tool no longer works. How do I fix this?

Thank you anyway, I have figured it out.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      Debbie, share what you did to make it work. Did you see the post about adding a second monitor?

Debbie, glad you figured it ou! I have not. I make sure my screen is a 100% and I still cannot use it — but I’ve used it for 10+ years on windows devices and it worked fine. I do not have a larger monitor. What else can I do? I have had this problem for about 6 months and running out of ideas (and patience). Thanks, Jo-Anne

Comment

Debbie, good for you! I HAVE NOT figured it out. I have my screen set to 100% and still no luck. I’ve used the eye dropper on windows devices for over 10 years and it’s only in the last 6 months that I cannot use it. I do not have a larger screen monitor to use. I am so lost without the dropper and my renderings are not as crisp due to it. HELP!! Thanks

Comment

HI Debbie,

Is buying a second monitor the only solution? I haven't seen an answer to why it no longer works on my laptop. I'm not trying to be difficult. It's just that I've used it this way for over a decade and I guess I'd just like to know what has changed. If I have to buy a second monitor, then, I will --- but I'd just like to know why. Thanks so much!

Comment

Editing a comment
        Hi JoAnne,

Did you purchase a new computer with a higher resolution?

Studio’s eye dropper tool can only work when Studio’s resolution is 100% and having a second monitor allows you to set the second monitor to 100% while leaving your main monitor on the higher resolution.

Debbie, thanks for the quick response. Jo-Anne

Comment

Inquiring minds want to know.... what was the problem? Was it a new laptop or the same old one, and if so, what did you do differently assuming you got the eyedropper tool working again.

Comment

HI Merlyn, the eye dropper just won’t pick up color choices that I make from the Paint Colors section. I did not change computers and NO I still cannot get it to work. I change to 100% but that doesn’t make any difference. I think your question is the same as mine … what’s changed? I guess I just need to buy a second monitor b/c my renderings are not looking so good w/o the eye dropper tool.

Comment

• Anna Davis
            Anna Davis commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you reboot your computer when you changed to 100%?

OMG - a light bulb just went off for me based on Anna’s note. The issue is not 100% within the app it’s 100% in my windows settings! I feel so embarrassed but at the same time thrilled that I’ve solved the problem!!!! Thank you all for following up with me!

Comment

Editing a comment
            YAY! that is good news! I guess we all thought you were changing settings in your computer settings.

• Anna Davis
            Anna Davis commented
            Editing a comment
            I am so glad you were able to get the eye dropper to work.

• Linda Yackle
            Linda Yackle commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm having the same troubles... can you explain what you did? And how and what Windows settings you changed?
            Thanks!!

How to Change Screen Resolution in Windows 10
          • Click the Start button.
          • Select the Settings icon.
          • Select System.
          • Click Advanced display settings.
          • Click on the menu under Resolution.
          • Select 100%.
          • Click Apply.
          • Restart your computer.

Comment

Working...