Stretched page when printed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretched page when printed

Whenever I print one of my rooms on Minutes Matter, it comes out stretched. I've reset the computer and the printed, and also changed the ink (needed, I didn't think this would be a fix on its own) & still no luck. I haven't seen any settings set to "fit to page" or anything - is that something that is somewhere besides the "Print" page? Chance I'm missing it but I don't know where else to look. Thanks in advance.

You're printing directly from Studio, Control/P or Print from the drop down menu on the left under the raspberry icon? Have you tried exporting the rendering and printing using your photo software? If you use Irfanview, you can select the settings that will make your rendering print exactly as you want it, crop it and even add your watermark. One more question, is your original Studio layout page setup in legal or regular letter size?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Beverly Allen
      Beverly Allen commented
      Editing a comment
      Printing using Ctrl P and the drop down under the raspberry icon both have it stretched out. It's regular letter size. I have tried exporting but the color rendering shows up SO much darker, almost a grey scale in comparison to the colors used on MM so that's a temporary fix but it doesn't really match what we have.

can you attach your .mms file so that we can try printing it? or send it to me directly corky301@aol.com

Comment

Attached here!
      Attached Files

Comment

OK, I printed out the page entitled CSBoreal directly from Studio and it appears to be the correct scale, not stretched. I also exported it and opened in Irfanview, see the box Print Size -- Original Size fromImage DPI

Are you having the same problem with all the pages in that file? What type of printer are you using?
        Attached Files

Comment

When you say directly from Studio, what does that mean? I am having the same problem with every page. It's an Epson Workforce WF-2750

Comment

• Merlyn
            Merlyn commented
            Editing a comment
            I mean click on Studio icon, drop down menu to Print. and are you having the same problem with all your .mms files not just this one?

Okay, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I was doing the same thing you were! Yes, it is a problem with others as well. I just tried that. It seems like it's something with the printer then, right?

Comment

• Merlyn
            Merlyn commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems that way to me. Try exporting the image, then go through all your printer's options for Advanced Printing and see if you can alter the settings to keep it the original size you see in Studio. You should be able to see the way it will look in the printer's preview. sorry I couldn't come up with a fix. Let us know what else you try. This is a problem I haven't encountered. Maybe Debbie can lend her expertise.

• Debbie Green Sutherland
            Debbie Green Sutherland commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Beverly, When your printer setting is as Merlyn described "Print as in Document" or something similar and NOT "Fit to Page" it should print correctly. Were you able to click on "Print Setup - look for Advanced button" not "Page Setup" and look at the options like Merlyn's screenshot?

Has this been happening for a while or did it just begin?

Thank you so much for your time!

Comment

• Merlyn
            Merlyn commented
            Editing a comment
            You're very welcome. Always like a challenge, but I know how frustrating it can be when you've tried all the tricks you know and nothing seems to work

Yes, please let us know the outcome…

Comment

It needed... to be... in landscape... a week and a half of not being able to print/printing countless stretched out pages and the fix was to switch to landscape. Wow.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
              Debbie Green Sutherland commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh no! Poor thing! Did you find that in the “printer setup?”

• Merlyn
              Merlyn commented
              Editing a comment
              That's too bad, but it is also weird... I thought the page orientation chosen in Studio should match the orientation as a default when printing. Just tried an experiment using the same rendering in both portrait and landscape mode. When I click on Control/P and look at the Properties, the orientation is matched correctly and automatically each time under Layout. So your problem should not have happened!
          Working...
          X