JPEG vs JPG - Update Minutes Matter to Import Either

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPEG vs JPG - Update Minutes Matter to Import Either

It seems like something simple, but I'm not a programmer. Can Minutes Matter be tweaked to allow the image import function to search for .jpeg as well as .jpg? Just add it as another file type it looks for. I'm sure I'm not the only designer that photographs clients' homes with an iPhone. Those pictures are saved as .jpeg files so the import function doesn't see them. I, and anyone else doing this (if they know how), have to change the extension from .jpeg to .jpg so MM will see it. Collectively, that's a lot of extra work being required. Thank goodness my husband can do that for me because I don't seem to be able to remember how.
    Penny Homscheid

Any image file, no matter what the extension or file type, should come up when you click on Import Image. Can you take a screenshot of what you see when you try to import your client's photo? all image files.jpg

Comment

Hi Penny, it seems some people have to change their photo extension from .jpeg to .jpg but not everyone. It seems it has to do with new iPhones photo format. It is a totally different format which is known as a high efficiency format. To remedy this issue change your extension to .JPG.

Read the article below to learn why Apple made this change.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207022

Comment

darn those new-fangled inventions!! I guess it would make sense to open the photo in your imaging software (Irfanview, Photoshop, whatever), adjust color/brightness and crop, then Save As with the .jpg file designation. Most of the time you'd have to do that anyway, right, so it's not exactly another step. Have your IT man show you how and write down the method. Soon it will be second nature.

Here's how to change it across the board on your own phone:
        • Go to Settings on your iPhone.
        • Tap Camera. You will be shown some options like Formats, Grid, Preserve Settings, and Camera Mode.
        • Tap Formats, and change the format from High Efficiency to Most Compatible.
        • Now all your photos will be automatically saved as JPG instead of HEIC.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
          Debbie Green Sutherland commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, great research Merlyn! That is so easy to change. For me, to save space on my phone I think I’ll keep it high efficiency because they do take up less space.

Well, there's my lesson for the day. Thanks Merlyn and Debbie!

Comment

Hi ,
          are there any templates for toilets in the elevations section of room elements ( lavatory )...there are vanities and showers and tubs ,,,thank you

Comment

• Anna Davis
            Anna Davis commented
            Editing a comment
            There are not any in the program. Do you need front view or side view?

Toilets sideview and front view. By Merllyn
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X