My Custom items are gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Custom items are gone

I was just working on a drawing and went to add something from the image toolbox custom tab and it has nothing in it....it went back to the initial settings. How do I get my years of custom additions back into the custom tab?

Hi Linda,

Did you get a new computer? Did you move or rename your Shapes folder? The Shapes folder inside your "My Studio Designs" folder is where all Custom items are stored. If Studio cannot locate a Shapes folder it will create a new one. If you didn't rename or get a new computer you might try looking in your My Studio Designs folder.

Also, very important REBOOT your computer. That is always my first recommendation when something isn't working correctly.

Comment

Hi Debbie,
      I didn't get a new computer. If I click on shapes a list of categories come up but when I click on them it tells me I need to go to the app store. I must have hit something by accident and now I don't how to get it back. I did reboot, but I'll try that again. I thought maybe I should call my tech guy and see if he can set my computer back a few days. Do you think that is something I should do...I am desperate!

Comment

Hi Debbie, I found a shapes file within my client list..somehow it got there. How can I get it back to where it belongs?

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
          Debbie Green Sutherland commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m glad you found the folder. That definitely will not work if it is located in the client folder. You can drag and drop the shapes folder into the My Studio Designs folder. You can also copy the shapes folder and paste it in the My Studio Designs folder. You can delete the current shapes folder or as you paste it say yes to replace the existing shapes folder.

Thank you Debbie I will try that!!

Comment

Comment

I tried to copy and paste but I am not sure how to do it. Is there a tech support person that can talk me through it. I called my tech support but they are not familiar with the program and didn't know what to do. I am so frustrated, I could really use the help! Thank you!

Comment

Hi Linda,

Try this:
              1. First, delete the current Shapes folder under your My Studio Designs. Right-click on the Shapes folder and select Delete. See the first screenshot.
              2. Once that Shapes folder is deleted, Locate the Shapes folder inside your Client folder and right-click on the Shapes folder, and select Copy.
              3. Navigate back to your My Studio Designs folder and right-click on the folder and select Paste.
              4. Your My Studio Designs folder should now look like the second screenshot. (NOTE: you will have more folders inside your My Studio Designs than shown in the screenshot)

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Debby the shapes are back where they belong!

Comment

Working...
              X