Can't Get the Black Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Get the Black Out

Hi....I'm pretty proficient with Minutes Matter, but I just can't figure out why I can't remove the black corners from the perspective image I've made in Irfanview. I have redone it at least 8 times...all by following Debbie's video instructions. I even had my husband watch me along with the video it to see if he could see what I might be missing. I had this trouble when I had the desktop version...and I now have Studio Online...and its still doing it. I'm wondering if it might be a setting in my MacBook Pro that won't allow the transparency to happen. After I crop and save as - I make sure the GIF settings are checked, I click on the black and it immediately saves in my folder of choice. I don't see the black in the folder, but when I import the image into my graphic....the black is back. Please see attached working image.

I know its going outside the paper line a little bit, I was hoping I could coax it a little smaller once I get the black out.

Sure hope you can help me!

SuElyn
    Attached Files

I have had that happen a couple times in the past. I’m out of the office most of the day. I’ll check on it later. In the meantime, you could use Studio’s knock out tool and touch the color black on your floor image.

Comment

Deb, You're a genius! The knockout tool works perfectly! Why didn't I think of that? I'd still love to know why that problem is happening. Thanks again!

Comment

are you saving it as a gif file? that will keep the background transparent (usually......

Comment

Hi Merlyn, Yes I have been saving as a gif file...both of those boxes are marked in the screen, just as Debbie says in the Quick Tip Video. It's really strange that it is not working, especially because in the folder I can see that black isn't there, but when I import it into the MMS file, the black is back. I've been using the knockout tool...and that is sufficient. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X