Printing a 1/4" space plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing a 1/4" space plan

When I did a space plan in 1/4" scale and export it, When I print it out, it is tiny on the 8 x 11 paper. How do I get it to fill the page so I can print it?

In Irfanview (if you are using that as your photo editing software), you can choose a different Print Size. In the attached example I have selected Best to Fit Page, keeping the aspect ratio (original proportions) and the bedroom floor plan will fill the entire 8-1/2 x 11 paper. Or use Custom and type in the size you want your plan to appear. In the example you'll see I've selected 6" as the width and the height will change in proportion (Keep Aspect Ratio).
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      I don't know how to use irfanview. I don't really use MM that much, so when I do, it's basic space plans and elevations. Is there another way to enlarge it?

Comment

What program are you printing from?

Here's another way to do it: copy your drawing into a new page on the Studio file; using the Marketing tab will will give you "real world" dimensions. Then enlarge your drawing so that if fits the size you want it to be when printed, Use Change Dimensions and keep aspect ratio. Print directly from Studio (Control key + P) without having to Export.

Comment

In the past, I would email it to myself and print from there. I did get into irfanview after I saw your reply, and I got it to the point when I fit it to the page. When I tried to print, it didn't work. It asked me to save somewhere else, and then I couldn't find it. I'm very confused.

Comment

After you export it from Studio, save the image file to your desktop. Open Irfanview, locate the saved file, and follow the steps to fit the page the way you want. You should not be prompted to save again.

Comment

Working...
            X