Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To's ~ Working with wallpaper

Tip of the week: wallpaper on a two or three wall rendering

Here's another rendering I did a few years ago, changing up from a contemporary look to a more traditional vibe. To start, I found the wallpaper I wanted to use and opened a new page to add a large sample. Next I drew several rectangles and picked colors (eyedropper tool) from the floral vine to aid my search for coordinating fabrics.

With the browser window and Studio open, I used "Show windows side by side" from the taskbar. That way I could see my color choices and compare them to the fabrics. Most of the ones I used are from Brunschwig/GP&J Baker/Kravet.

Now on to the wallpaper and getting a perspective view. I filled the back wall with the pattern and then created a new page with just the wall to export. Opening Photoshop Elements (I never upgraded from 7, works for me!) and used the Image>Transform>Skew to edit the image. Or use Irfanview > Image > Adobe Plug-ins>Perspective. Save as a .gif file. If you are doing a three wall rendering, create the opposite wall in perspective and save with a new name. Make a note of your first transformation, either counting the grid blocks in PSE or the pan degree in Irfanview. Remember, you can't rotate an image in Studio.

Sometimes the .gif extension works to make a transparent background and sometimes it doesn't. I have given up trying to figure it out; instead use the photo knockout tool to erase the black background if it comes through that way.

As you can see from my work in progress, the wallpaper on the angled walls sticks way out. Use the trick I posted about recently and cover up what you don't want with outline-less white borders. The two walls may not match up perfectly in the corners, but just be sure you have the pattern lined up at the ceiling, as any decent wallpaper hanger would do. Push the side of the image in (decrease width) to match up with the angle of your mouldings.
    Attached Files

Very cozy looking space! Love the wallpaper and paint color.

Also love the flowers in the vase.

Comment

Working...
X