Cannot add color or fabric to drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot add color or fabric to drawings

I have been using MM for years, and just recently started having problems trying to change the color of a rod or import fabrics for draperies when I'm working on a photo. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my software and it still doesn't work. Any other things to try?

Cathy Rowe
    Cathy Rowe
    Well Dressed Interiors
    www.welldressedinteriors.com

Can you give us a step-by-step on a file you're working on? You can import images if you're designing on a photo so that's not the problem. Is it when you use Properties>Fill>custom or the eyedropper? Upload the troublesome .mms file pls.

Comment

I was designing on a photograph - would not fill with eyedropper or Properties>Fill>custom. I've been playing around with it, redownloaded software, rebooted computer and started file over and now I can get it to change colors if I use the color wheel, and can import fabric but the eyedropper still isn't working.
      Attached Files
      Cathy Rowe
      Well Dressed Interiors

Comment

Anna Davis wrote to me yesterday asking if I'd had trouble with the latest Windows 10 update in June. Her eyedropper isn't working properly either. Mine is OK so far.

I opened your file and added fabric and a color fill as well as line color using the eyedropper, worked fine. Who knows how to explain these annoying glitches????

The only thing I've noticed lately is the fabrics I've been saving have been a bit fuzzy looking when used as a custom fill. I've tried saving them as .jpg, .gif, and .png files and also using the snipping tool capture, without any discernible difference. It could just be the quality of the original image.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
          Debbie Green Sutherland commented
          Editing a comment
          Anna emailed me too. I told her I would do some checking on that but I wasn’t having a problem and had not heard from anyone that was having an issue. Unless, they had a new computer with a native resolution of higher than 100%.

Since I use a Mac I logged into Parallels and had to update Windows which took hours. So I will do some testing tomorrow and post my results.

OK, here's a weird trick to try: select your eyedropper tool; More Colors box will open. Hold down your right mouse button along with the left mouse button and move the eyedropper to select the color. Let us know if that works!

Comment

• Anna Davis
          Anna Davis commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok Merlyn not sure how you came up with that but that worked for my eyedropper tool. Thank you. Once i did this trick now it works correctly by just left clicking. I could not export before, I tried the same trick and now my export works. My Save AS did not work and the same trick works.

• Anna Davis
          Anna Davis commented
          Editing a comment
          I closed the program and reopened and everything seems to be working correctly.

Editing a comment
          Merlyn, That is so weird how that could correct Anna's issues. I turned on both of my Windows computers this morning thinking they were finally done updating but no such luck. I'll post my findings as soon as I can.

Magic!

Comment

That did not fix my problem. And after reading the comments above, I realized my issues have been since the Windows 10 update last month. My eyedropper tool does not seem to be linked to where I'm placing it - uploading a pic of my screen to show you what I mean.
          Attached Files
          Cathy Rowe
          Well Dressed Interiors

Comment

• Merlyn
            Merlyn commented
            Editing a comment
            what about your monitor resolution - what is it set at and have you changed it? are you using two monitors? Looks like there's also something going on with your ruler bar: 20-40-60-79-99-119??

My monitor resolution is set at 2560 x 1440, which is the recommended resolution for these monitors and yes I am using two.
          Cathy Rowe
          Well Dressed Interiors

Comment

My scale is set at 100% so, if I'm reading that thread correctly it should work?
          Cathy Rowe
          Well Dressed Interiors

Comment

Editing a comment
            Hi Cathy, yes that should work. However, your resolution on the monitors sounds very high like the native resolution would/should be higher than 100%. When the eyedropper is pulling an offset color other than the color it is touching, that usually indicates that the resolution on the monitor is set higher than 100%.

FYI, I am having terrible trouble getting both of Windows 10 computers to update to the 2004 version of Windows 10 which was released on May 27, 2020. So I can't test the issue on my computers yet. I will have to do more research to see why the updates keep failing. I worked off and on all day yesterday. I rebooted over 10 times on both computers yesterday.

Merlyn, Anna, and Cathy are your Windows 10 computers updated to the 2004 version?

FYI, both of my computers have Windows 10 Home. One of the computers is a Mac with Parallels and the other is an HP laptop.

Yes my computer is updated to the Windows 2004 version, and I use the office 365 home version. I'm using a Dell computer.
          Cathy Rowe
          Well Dressed Interiors

Comment

• Merlyn
            Merlyn commented
            Editing a comment
            My Dell has Windows 10 Home Version 2004, installed 7/25/19, last updated today July 8, 2020

Wow, finally my Mac computer with Parallels updated to Windows 10 version 2004. The eyedropper worked as normal and so did the export feature.

Cathy, I am still wondering if somehow your monitor resolution is more than 100%. Your screenshot definitely points to a monitor resolution being more than 100%.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Annotation 2020-07-09 144632.jpg

Is there somewhere else I should look at settings?
            Cathy Rowe
            Well Dressed Interiors

Comment

Are both of the monitors set to the same resolution? Since you have dual monitors, their resolutions can be different.

Next, try testing/trying different settings on the Font size and the resolution. Test one at a time, you will probably need to reboot each time you change a setting.

Comment

Working...
              X