Problem door and window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem door and window

I can't seem to come up with idea's for these windows and door combo for this client. It's a big room and the windows are at a different height in the other part. Keeping your eye staying on the same height is not possible. The fringe is 4.5" long and even if I leave it off the swags it still doesn't work. The cascades only need to come down 1/2 the window and hoping to align those up at the bottom going around the room at least. The red swags are in her bathroom and wants a formal Glam look in here now. This is design #7 for this room. If we use the trim the fabric valance is only 14" vs 22" on the other windows before trim.
    thank in advanace
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Personally, I would just frame the space with side panels mounted close to the ceiling, or close to the same height as tthe adjoining room.

Comment

• Joanie Marcinowski
      Joanie Marcinowski commented
      Editing a comment
      She doesn't want side panels I have tried, that is what was removed from all the windows.

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Linda I’m a panel girl too. Since she doesn’t want panels and wants something more formal what about swags with jabots over the side panels?

Sometimes people have to understand that not every option is available for every window, and we are there to guide them to the best design for the situation. I've had to walk away from situations like that, especially when my reputation's on the line. Ugh! I hate problem clients!

Comment

Your main problem area is the door & window correct? Could you just elevate the swag higher there and use small tails on the side of the center swag?

Comment

Working...
      X