Can't import jpeg photos into Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't import jpeg photos into Studio

For some weird reason, when I go to import a jpeg photo into Studio from my desk top, it does not show up in the Studio Import image window....even though I see it on both the desktop on my MAC side and also the Windows 10 Desktop. I've tried everything I know to do, but still doesn't work. On my Mac Side I took a screenshot of the jpeg photo...and for some reason that does show up in the Import Image Window which then allows me to import it into studio.

I never had a problem with this, I feel like some setting must have inadvertently changed.

One thing I noticed, when I drag a photo out of Photos onto the Mac Destop - there used to be a sounds I heard as the Thumbnail appeared on my desktop. Not any more...there is now sound, but I do see the thumbnail on both the Mac and Windows desktop....but then when I go to import the jpeg into studio....it doesn't show up in the window so I have no way to bring it into the project I am working on.

I work on a MacBookPro, using Catalina 10.15.3, Parallels Version 15.1.3 and Windows 10.

Any advise?

On the mac you have to export the picture to the desktop.

Comment

I did, by dragging and dropping, the same thing I've been doing for years with no problems. When you say exporting, is that different than dragging and dropping? And if so....what are the steps to do that.

Also....in desperation I took a screen shot of one of my photos. The screen shot which is a png file, DOES show up on both desk tops as well as in the Studio Window for Importing. So that's good at least, but I would like to get back the right way to do it.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi SuElyn, I have one other customer that has a Mac that is having the same issue. I have a MacBook Air as well as a Mac Mini And both have Catalina installed and I am not having any issues with my photos as JPEG’s. I think Catalina might have something to do with it. But not for sure about that.

I told that them to open up Irrfanview rename the JPEG or crop it slightly. I know that’s not ideal but it is a workaround just like you have found.

After months of doing a work around on this issue....I contacted Apple Support and the guy shared my screen and after awhile, we realized what the problem was. When I drag and drop a photo from IPhotos onto my desk top, the photo icon is marked jpeg. For some reason....maybe with Catalina....jpeg is not recognized. If you just delete the e in jpeg and change it to jpg.....it can now be seen on the Windows side when using Parallels. Wow...easy fix!!

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi SueElyn,

Glad you called them. I had figured that out a while ago when working with another customer. I posted this solution several times on this forum in response to other people mentioning the same issue. I wasn't sure if it was the iPhone or Catalina.

It is such an easy fix; all you need to do is change the extension from jpeg to jpg.

Thanks for posting so anyone that comes across your post will see there is an easy solution.

My pleasure!

Comment

Working...
      X