Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template

Looking for this Basic Shape Cornice template - found it in the Jackie Van Tobel WT book page 356? It this in MM program?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

no I don't think this one was included... attached is my version - hope it helps
    Attached Files

Comment

• Joanie Marcinowski
      Joanie Marcinowski commented
      Editing a comment
      You are the best been looking for this for 2 days. Thank you so so much

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      No I spent some time looking for that cornice and I couldn’t find it either.

Merlyn thanks for sharing.

Joanie, you can trace over an object using Studio’s bezier tool. There is a Mini Clip in CustomerHub called “Closed Bezier Tool” that Merlyn recorded several years ago.

Oh Merlyn. What a gem you are.

Comment

when you don't have a straight-on view, such as this image that Joanie posted, here's a little tip to get it plumb/square/straight and symmetrical:
      1. using the close bezier tool, click on the parts of the shape that curve in and out, as well as the straight lines.
      2. make it transparent and work on your edit points to align them with your photo or image (red)
      3. draw a line through the center of the tracing.
      4. duplicate the shape (blue) and flip it horizontally; make transparent so you can see your original shape underneath. line both images up with the center line you drew
      5. decide which side of the original is the best and then move the edit points on the lesser side to line up with the good side.
      Attached Files

Comment

Any suggestions on if part of this would work on do a bay window with 5 single windows with medallions - just trying to make a client happy? The cornice is going on 5 windows just wanted something different for the bay. I tried several ways to change this but nothing seem to work. Am I asking for the impossible?

Comment

Editing a comment
        There isn't much room between each window. That cornice has long/thick sides. Were you thinking of using that cornice shape on each window and hinging them together?

No I was hoping to take the middle part and make swags, not sure if that is possible

Comment

Editing a comment
        I think I understand!

That would be possible and look better and so much easier to fabricate! So you just want to use the middle section of the cornice? You could create that in Studio and probably use Merlyn‘s template that she created and just lay the jabots over it.

Edited comment: After looking back at the cornice and seeing how wide the sides are, you would probably need to photo clip just the middle section. You might even stretch it out a bit after you photo clip it.

If I am understanding what you want........You could repeat the cornice shape as a flat valance, not upholstered. I'd probably want to layer another element over where the sections meet, something like this jabot with the curved line to complement the curve of the valance. Much easier to make and install if you do each window on separate boards, adding the jabots on site.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X