Cannot open Minutes Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot open Minutes Matter

I cannot open Minutes Matter...does anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks!
    Tammy Taylor

Can you give us a little more detail? Are you talking about Studio Online or the desktop version of Studio? Are you on a PC or a Mac computer? Are you receiving an error message?

Comment

I am using the desktop version- PC....no error message...I click on the MM icon and the banner comes up as if it is going to open and then disappears...

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you logged into your CustomerHub account to download the latest version of Studio? We have found out many of our customers are using an old version of Studio. Before you download from CustomerHub be sure to uninstall your current version of Studio.

Thank you Debbie! I will give that a try!

Comment

That did not work either??? I have not used the program in a while and I have purchased a new laptop....would that make a difference?

Comment

Editing a comment
          No, purchasing a new laptop would not make a difference. Did you uninstall and reinstall Studio?

I did...

Comment

Editing a comment
          The only time I remember Studio doing this was when a customer with a Mac using Parallels and needed to correct her settings. I think there was another instance when the customer was on a large server and Studio could not find the My Studio Designs folder.

Is the My Studio Designs folder located under the C drive and inside the Documents folder? Studio should have been installed in the Program File (x86) folder, which is also under the C Drive.

Yes, My Studio Designs folder is under the C drive in Documents folder...Maybe I should try to uninstall, reboot and then reinstall???

Comment

Editing a comment
          Did you check to make sure Studio was installed in the Program Files (X86) folder?

Yes, try to uninstall, reboot and reinstall.

Hi again Debbie. I have tried all I know to do in attempting to open Studio. I did want to mention that when the program appears to be trying to open it says: mm 3.6, release 2...Not sure if that is the most recent version...I have, of course, tried to download the most recent version from the customer hub but that will not work either....I have a client waiting on a space plan....any additional suggestions? Thanks so much for your help!!

Comment

Attached is a screenshot...the banner always appears to be loading, cursor turns to a circle (thinking) and then it goes away....this may not help but I want to provide all the info I can. Thanks!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Anna Davis
            Anna Davis commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you using windows 10? Also can you find a file and try to open from a mms file not the shortcut.

Editing a comment
            Tammy that is the current version of Studio. When you login to Windows your login has admin privileges right?

Also, try Anna’s suggestion. Try to open an existing .mms file and see if it will open Studio.

Editing a comment
            Anna, just asked if I had cleared your licenses.... I just did that! Try to open Studio again. I have never had anyone experience this issue from over the limit licenses. They have always received an error message Limited Licenses.

Ugh....No Debbie- no luck....So Anna, yes I did try opening up an mms file a few days ago and that didn't work...My Windows log in does have admin privileges...I have uninstalled, shut down/restarted and reinstalled....I just checked for windows updates- ran those, no change....This has to be something simple I am not thinking about...user error is also not out of the questions Any more suggestions??

Comment

Editing a comment
            Anna and I just got off phone and we want you to try to rename your Shapes folder to Shapes OLD. Then open Studio. Studio will automatically generate a new one. We think somehow your Shapes folder got corrupted. Did you copy your My Studio Designs or Shapes folder from your old computer and paste in your new computer? You don't have two Shapes or My Studio Designs folders do you?

FYI, You can find your Shapes folder in your My Studio Designs folder inside of My Documents or Documents.

IMPORTANT: make sure to never alter the contents or name of your Shapes folder.

P.S. You can't give us too much information. All info helps us when we are troubleshooting.

• Anna Davis
            Anna Davis commented
            Editing a comment
            Question when you installed Studio the first time to this computer did you do it from the link in customer hub?

Gosh Anna...Honestly, I don't remember...I would assume I did as I probably thought that was the only way to do it???

Comment

• admin
            admin commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you try our recommendation about renaming your Shapes folder?

I did rename the shapes folder...I found the shapes folder in two different locations: 1) Program Files (x86)-Minutes matter-minutes matter studio-Shapes OLD (renamed)- the files are present
          2) My Documents- my studio designs- the only folder is the Shapes OLD, renamed folder, but the folder is empty when I open it....Not sure if any of this matters?? Do you think we could schedule a phone call sometime today? Can I private message my phone number? Thanks again for all the help you guys!

Comment

Editing a comment
            It is definitely a problem if the Shapes folder in My Documents is empty. That is why Studio won't open. Did you open and close Studio? Then check and see if you have a new Shapes folder.

Editing a comment
            Did you restore a backup from your old computer to this new computer?

We did not restore a backup

Comment

Editing a comment
            Did you see my other question regarding a new Shapes folder?

I do not see a new folder...did not open and close Studio- can't open it to close it??

Comment

One "Shapes OLD" folder is empty and one is not....

Comment

Here are 2 error messages I just received...
              Attached Files

Comment

• Anna Davis
                Anna Davis commented
                Editing a comment
                Is your program installed on a server and not your personal computer. Studio will not work on a server.

No, not installed on a server...

Comment

Do you guys ever use TeamViewer?

Comment

• Anna Davis
                  Anna Davis commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I use teamviewer

Below is a Dropbox link for a Shapes folder. Download the file then copy/paste the WHOLE folder into your My Studio Designs folder (in Documents.) NOTE: I uninstalled Studio and reinstalled it from CustomerHub and before I clicked the icon to open Studio I checked the My Studio Designs folder and confirmed the Shapes folder had files and it did. So your Shapes folder in Documents should definitely have had files installed in the initial install.

IMPORTANT: Remove the word OLD from the Shapes folder in Program Files (x86) (Since it has files)
                Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

No change....

Comment

• Anna Davis
                    Anna Davis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    oh my goodness so you copied and pasted the new shapes folder, the whole folder into your My Studio Designs folder and studio will not open.
                    Uninstalle studio,
                    make sure and delete the My Studio designs folder from my documents.
                    Reinstall studio.
                    Before you open studio paste the new shapes folder into My Studio Designs folder. Once you do this now open studio.
                Working...
                X