Custom Favorites & Components Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Favorites & Components Missing

I had lots of things saved to the custom tab - favorites, best sellers, accessories etc.
    They were all there a few weeks ago. Now each of those tabs in the Custom control panel is empty.
    There was a windows update around February 12 - I'm thinking that is what caused the disconnect.
    All of the custom items are in the Shapes folder in the My Studio Designs folder.

Anyone else have this issue with the latest windows update?

Thanks in advance!

this has not happened to me, knock on wood.... that must have been more than a bit frightening to lose all that work!
    have you tried doing a restore? steps here: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-r...ade-windows-10
    or this one seems a bit simpler https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-...indows-2626131

Comment

I've created some test save to custom designs.
      I can see them in my shapes folder.
      It appears that all of my other custom items are there along with the group names.

Technical question - what is the difference between the Shapes file extensions?
      .....because I like to know how things work

TRS - looks like these are the individual save to custom items
      INDX - looks like these are the custom group names
      DAT - ?
      PNL - there are only 2 of these - Custom and Custom 1

Comment

• Anna Davis
        Anna Davis commented
        Editing a comment
        I have not had this happen but this is a folder I like to backup with my carbonite. I also would not like to lose this folder and the items I have in it. I also save my auto backup folder. The reason I back it up is when I can't find a file I have found it in the Auto backup folder. You might try to restore back before the update and see if the custom items come back. If they do I would copy the shapes folder then do the update again check and see if the custom items are missing if they are delete the shapes folder and paste the shapes folder you saved into the My studio designs folder. Close your program and reopen and the files should appear.

Ok something really weird is happening here.
      I did a design yesterday afternoon, I created a new group in Custom and added a few things to it.
      This morning the group name is there but the items I added to it are gone.
      I have AutoSave on for every 1 min.
      My clients file auto saved no problem.

Is ANYONE else having issues with the Custom tab?

I have tried reverting back since the last update and they still weren't showing up under the custom tab.
      I can see them all in the Shapes folder.
      Anna, I do have a backup of the Shapes folder.

What can I try next?
      Should I uninstall Studio and reinstall?
      Clear the activation code?

What is the latest version of Studio?
      I have version 3.6 release 2

Everything else in Studio and on my computer is working just fine.

HELP!

Comment

Hi Marie,

I have been trying to reply for a couple of days. I don't use my PC computers every day and I wanted to make sure they had the latest updates. Getting them both updated took almost two days! My Custom tab seems to be working fine. I also added new items and rebooted and all my custom images are still intact as well as the new items I added.

Yes, you have the latest version of Studio.

Uninstalling and reinstalling won't get your Custom items back. When someone gets a new computer they have to copy the Shapes folder from their old computer and paste over the Shapes folder in their new computer. If their computer crashes and they haven't copied their Shapes folder they have to start again.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
          Debbie Green Sutherland commented
          Editing a comment
          Let us know how it works out!

• Marie Mouradian
          Marie Mouradian commented
          Editing a comment
          I've tried everything.
          I can't get the program to see my custom saves.
          I've compared info in both files and nothing seems abnormal.
          Note to self - back up EVERYTHING before an update or more often than I was doing.
          It's a great opportunity for me to rebuild the library in a more organized and edited way.
          I have all of the mms files with the majority of my saves, I just need to put into the custom tab in an organized way and rename.
          Onward to even more productive drawing with Studio.
          Thanks for your suggestions. <3

• Debbie Green Sutherland
          Debbie Green Sutherland commented
          Editing a comment
          When you save items to your customer tab now are they there when you log back in the Studio?

Yes, Debbie, I have logged in and out several times and all of my new custom items are there.

Comment

Working...
        X