Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing an image of a light fixture without the "white box" around it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing an image of a light fixture without the "white box" around it?

How can I obtain an image of a light fixture without the "white image box" around it that blocks the images layered behind it on an elevation? I can't find the image by itself to import. Example: Corbett Lighting 241-44 Majorette pendant. I created an elevation with a window, window treatments and then want to layer on top this pendant. Can't capture the image by itself. What is the procedure to import it and save to bring in my elevation? Also want to import Eastern Accent bedding and Caracole furniture pieces to the elevation.

Use Import Image, resize to accurate dimensions, and then right click on the image and select Properties > Fill. Use the transparency bar to remove the background. It will automatically go to10% and that may be enough in the case of your pendant. When there is a white background, sometimes areas of white are also erased slightly. Use your drawing tools to fill in the missing areas. Last, select all parts and group.

Watch the mini-clip for step by step instructions and you'll also see how to work with images that have non-white backgrounds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHb9DgjTA0k

In the customer hub (blue banner above) under Studio Library, click on the webinar series Collection Two and go to The Fabric of our Designs. That webinar uses Eastern Accents fabrics and pillows and will give you some ideas on how to import similar images into your drawing.
    https://minutes.customerhub.net/collection-two
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Another example of using the photo knockout tool on an Eastern Accents pillow. Note how the transparency function knocks out some of the pillow background and how you can use the polygon tool to fill it in.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Jeanne McDermott
        Jeanne McDermott commented
        Editing a comment
        oh, this is a great tip for replacing the disappearing background! THX.

Thanks Merlyn, I'd forgotten about using the polygon to fill in.... duh..

Comment

If you want to get real fancy, use the gradient fill to select two colors to match the disappearing color - I like to use this on a lampshade, for example.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X