can't find my pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't find my pictures

I'm trying to import a picture from the attached file so i can draw a window treatment on it. When I open it in MMS, it only shows the fabrics, not the photos. I've never encountered this issue before. They all have the same jpg extensions
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand now. Resave the jpegs and make sure you select jpeg as the type. There are several different types of jpegs. I would also rename.

tried renaming. that didn't work. I just took a screen clip

Comment

I tried uploading a 'list view' of the file and got logged out. it said my session timed out. It was literally 10 seconds. tried to upload to this post, and got same message.

Comment

and it's asking me for my password prior to every post

Comment

• Anna Davis
          Anna Davis commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes you have to click remember me

They are already saved as jpegs.and I renamed them. Debbie - do you see fabric pictures and room photos?

Comment

• Anna Davis
          Anna Davis commented
          Editing a comment
          Debi yes for some reason our computers sometimes lose the extension. Open each picture and resave them as jpegs and you should be able to see them at that point.

tried opening, resaving with a different name. still don't see them.

Comment

just tried importing pictures from other clients and it's just these three from that file that are not showing up. I've logged off, logged back on three times. tried saving with new names and changed extensions. frustrating, because I owe her renderings tonite.

Comment

Editing a comment
            As a test, try to cropping one of those photos just a little and save with new name. Are you using Irfanview?

tried cropping. that didn't work. not using Irfanview, but I haven't used that for years and have never had this problem. what is it with me and technology?

Comment

Editing a comment
            Attach one of the jpeg file and let me try to open in Studio.

Comment

I am having the EXACT same issue today. And I have never have a problem, have been doing it for years. I can import any photo from previous downloads but anything I tried to download today is not showing up. It's in the file in documents but when I do import photo, it isn't in the file. Strangest thing ever.

Comment

I am using a MAC. Sometimes I feel like the new Windows 10 update is not very stable. I wonder if that isn't causing the problem. Attaching the jpeg that I can see in my documents file but when I try to import to studio, it isn't there. Downloaded in three different locations and edited as well.
              Attached Files

Comment

Editing a comment
                Hi Bonnie, That is so strange! I am not hearing of people having this issue with Windows 10. Are these photos from your phone or saved from the internet? You’re using Parallels right?

• Anna Davis
                Anna Davis commented
                Editing a comment
                I will work on my parallels and see if I have any problems on windows 10

I am having the same issues - did anyone figure this out? I have emailed support but have not heard back yet.
              Lisa Harris
              Sew Perfect Draperies, Inc.

Comment

• Lisa Harris
                Lisa Harris commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok I'll try that next time.

Editing a comment
                Great, thanks for letting us know. I had another person with the same issue and she was rotating 360 and then she changed the extension to jpg and it worked. And it is much faster to just change the extension.

• Lisa Harris
                Lisa Harris commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll try that next time. Thank Debbie.

Is there something about the way you saved the original photo or the source where you found it? Sometimes on the Internet the images are protected and it seems that you're saving it successfully but it doesn't appear in your folder or your desktop. Also, what is the file extension of the original mage that was saved? Even though you cropped and renamed it, it might be invalid from the get-go.

Comment

• Merlyn
                Merlyn commented
                Editing a comment
                Lisa, is your default photo extension HEIF? is it an iPhone?
                see this article for more info: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207022
                I was posting as your post was loading... this may not apply

• Lisa Harris
                Lisa Harris commented
                Editing a comment
                Merlyn - It is an iphone. Do you mean default on my phone? The photo was downloaded from icloud.

• Merlyn
                Merlyn commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, if your phone saved the photo in a format that is not recognized by Studio, that could be your problem
            Working...
            X