Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping pattern flowing on drapery panels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping pattern flowing on drapery panels?

I know this has been addressed before but I had a hard time finding what I wanted in my search. (not sure what words to use)
    Question: how do you keep the pattern flowing on a tall drapery panel? I have a diamond pattern fabric ( 5.5 VR X 4.5 HR) and the pattern justs gets wonky.
    Thank you for any assistance!
    Attached Files

looks like your cropping needs to be more exact - really zoom in and crop to vertical and horizontal repeat. Can you attach or link fabric?

a very subtle difference in editing can also make your design look more realistic -- make the fabric fill on the outer panels slightly larger in vertical repeat (say 5.5" on the inside panels and 6" on the outside) because they are closer to the foreground.

Comment

Well I created this pattern because the designer could not supply a good link (she is using the reverse side of a woven fabric in a diamond pattern)
      Attached Files

Comment

okay, try something like this - your sample was a bit crooked and the line thickness varied too much to get a smooth fill

I made the sample, exported, then cropped to two vertical repeats
        Attached Files

Comment

HAHA...well I knew it was crooked! I was just trying to put down something quickly - but I see what you did and THANK YOU! I will practice more with patterns this week.
          SOOOO much better!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X