Irfanview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irfanview

I have been having an issue with Irfanview. After I save and try to fill something it is always in black & white. I have tried everything I can think of. I think it is so much simpler to use than photoshop for quick crops. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How are you saving the file - jpeg or ? Are you doing a screen capture or right click/Save Image?

When you click on Custom to fill, and open your images, what do you see - is the file still in the right color? Can you attach a screen shot?

Comment

I am doing a screen shot most of the time. I will check on the other things when I get back to the shop. PS I knew you would be the Merlyn....

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Jane, Are you saying when you save the file in Irfanview it is Black & White. Or, is it in Studio you are having the issue?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Merlyn
        Merlyn commented
        Editing a comment
        Could you have saved as "Convert to Grayscale" by accidentally hitting Control/G in Irfanview?

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        As you save the file in Irfanview, pay attention to all the settings. Is it in color in Irfanview when you bring it in? I did some testing earlier and I was only able to get my image in greyscale by using the function Merlyn mentioned Convert to Grayscale.

I will check. I have uninstalled and re-installed a few times.

Comment

The image shows in color in Irfanview. I was able to change it to grayscale but I don't think that is it. I think it is saving in black/white but that is not what is showing on the screen in Infranview.

Comment

When I am saving the box "Save to grayscale "is checked. I can uncheck and save changes but when I open again the same box is checked. I will play. At least I have a direction now. Thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X