Ruler Won't Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruler Won't Change

I'm using inches in the ruler however I'm getting a strange digit, i.e., -1.#J" Anyone else having this issue?

Is this happening when you are using the Set Scale Tool? If so, you need to modify your technique !! When you draw your dimension line, click only once at the beginning, drag the line to the stopping point at the second green square and release your mouse. Do not click again. To fix this strange number, start over by changing the drawing scale back to 1:20 or 1:24, whichever you began with. Watch the mini-clip to refresh your understanding of how it works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Fm9W15eHQ

If this is happening all the time, not just while using the Set Scale, I'm stumped!

Comment

Hi Kelli, I agree with Merlyn it sounds like you are using the Set Scale tool. Let us know.

Comment

Meryln & Debbie
        I followed Merlyn's instructions to change the drawing scale back to 1:20 I also drew a new dimension line clicking only only once at the beginning and again at the end and keep getting the same odd dimension (see screen shot attached)

Any advice?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
          Debbie Green Sutherland commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Kelli,

The trick is to ONLY CLICK at the BEGINING and just lift your finger to finish. Do NOT CLICK AT THE END.

There is a mini clip for this function inside your CustomerHub account. Studio Library > Mini Clips > Set Scale Tool.

Thanks Debbie - working now!

Comment

Working...
        X