Create a full repeat fabric sample to crop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To's ~ Create a full repeat fabric sample to crop

Many times your favorite fabric vendors will only show a partial repeat --- very frustrating when you want to use the fabric in your Studio rendering. It is possible to create a croppable sample by importing the fabric image in Studio, duplicating it and carefully positioning to get a full vertical and horizontal repeat. You can then use your snipping tool to crop the sample, as shown in the screenshot. Here I've zoomed out 40% to see all five imported images of the fabric. After snipping and loading into the Custom Fill Effects, I have edited it to the exact vertical repeat and used it on the club chair.

You can also export the "patchwork" of fabric and then crop in Irfanview or Photoshop. The Snipping Tool just saves a step, but it's not as adjustable when cropping.

Keep in mind: not all fabric samples are so cooperative I have found that some of the vendor samples leave off just a tiny bit of the design and you're left with a blank white space between matched up images. See screen shot on right.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Great post! Thanks Merlyn!

Comment

Working...
    X