No announcement yet.

How do I make a wall with an angle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To's ~ How do I make a wall with an angle?

Good afternoon everyone

Please can anyone tell me how do I make a wall at an angle? I'm have problem trying to figure out how to keep the same width of the wall.
    Attached Files

Hi Zahida,

Use the polygon tool to create irregular shapes. You can import the floor plan and trace over it with the polygon tool. If you haven't used the polygon tool before watch the mini clip video in CustomerHub "Edit Points & Polygon Tool".

In CustomerHub click Studio Library tab > Mini Clips > scroll down to find Edit Points & Polygon Tool. You might also consider viewing the Space Planning Tutorial in CustomerHub in the Studio Library tab.

Comment

After you trace or draw your polygon shape, use the Line Width tool to change the thickness of the walls; then they will all be the same. See attached.
      Your first image has very thick walls, more than a half foot thick - is that accurate?
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Zahida Parveen
        Zahida Parveen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Merlyn
        Any chance you could post an attachment of mms as that will help me more than only the picture pretty PLEASE???

hope this helps
      Attached Files

Comment

• Zahida Parveen
        Zahida Parveen commented
        Editing a comment
        I will take a look and let you know.

Your the best

I understand the polygon and I have watched the mini video clip but how do I draw the thickness of the wall which is 6' 15/16"
      Attached Files

Comment

I duplicate the same floor plan and using the polygon tool I then filled in the larger floor plan black and sent it back of the interior floor plan.
        I hope you understand.
        Attached Files

Comment

You can do it that way - good workaround... if your walls are 6-15/16" thick, the closest line width is 14. I have never come across an interior wall that thick! just draw one shape and change the line - we also change the color to charcoal. see attached

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
            Debbie Green Sutherland commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Zahida I definitely agree with Merlyn. The easiest way to change the thickness of the walls is by changing the thickness of the lines.

Merlyn I did try to increase the thickness of the lines but for some reason it wasn't working for me.
          So I improvised.

The Master Bathroom is for a client of my employer she wanted to see my work. I think more like if I'm being tested.
          Any suggestions on the layout?? The finishes I do once the client is happy with the layout.

Her style is transitional traditional - contemporary
          Attached Files

Comment

• Merlyn
            Merlyn commented
            Editing a comment
            a few tips: doors - those little round "bumps" on the one end are the door knobs so reverse the door so that the knob is on the side that swings out, and the "hinge" is against the wall;is that a bidet or a toilet - make it all one color - the blue on the sink is supposed to represent water and you don't want an open toilet in your drawing; also, change the line thickness on the toilet room to match the rest; window - should be the same thickness as the wall. I would go ahead and add some flooring, counter material and fixture color; if you think your client is testing you, why not spend the few extra minutes to make it look professional.

Will the door hit the vanity? Touch room to imagine how fixtures will be placed - are the plumbing lines already installed?

• Debbie Green Sutherland
            Debbie Green Sutherland commented
            Editing a comment
            When you were trying to use the Line Thickness tool do you think you could have accidentally tried using the Line Color tool instead?

here's another option with a free standing tub and the shower turned the other way. I made the vanity 6' long and flipped the door to open the opposite direction, with a pocket door on the toilet room
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Merlyn; 06-05-2018, 08:47 AM. Reason: added jpeg

Comment

1) Doors - Those little round "bumps" on the one end are the door knobs so reverse the door so that the knob is on the side that swings out, and the "hinge" is against the wall (Not understanding what your saying)l

2) Is that a bidet or a toilet? (It's a Toilet).

3) The blue on the sink is supposed to represent water and you don't want an open toilet in your drawing (Got it).

4) Also, change the line thickness on the toilet room to match the rest (Point noted)

5) Window - should be the same thickness as the wall (This is all rough what I am doing but thank you for reminding me).

6) I would go ahead and add some flooring, counter material and fixture color; if you think your client is testing you, why not spend the few extra minutes to make it look professional (Will do)

7) Will the door hit the vanity? (I didn't think about that)

8)
            Touch room to imagine how fixtures will be placed (Not understanding what your saying)

9) Are the plumbing lines already installed? (Yes the plumbing lines are already installed. This is a renovation for the master bathroom)

Comment

the doors you used are backwards - the doorknobs need to be away from the wall - see att.
              you chose a bidet image instead of a toilet
              sorry, meant to write TOUGH ROOM, not TOUCH

Comment

And here's me thinking they are the Door Dampers. Lol
                Thank you for clearing that

Comment

Working...
                X