Issue with design style for windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with design style for windows

I have a new client that has draperies and board mounted valances that she hates. There are 2 windows. The windows are on the left and right sides of a fireplace. There's only 1 to 2 inches between the fireplace and the molding. She has a very ornate traditional home with columns and cathedral ceilings. There's not enough room to do 2 panels. I was thinking of doing a decorative valance at the top of the windows and then one panel that can be pulled back to let in light. She wants the ability to have privacy. I'm not sure on what style will work with these windows. I agree with her that the current draperies do not work at all. Something a designer from JC Penney recommended. Looking for suggestions as how to dress the windows. Pictures of the windows are attached.
    Attached Files
    Carleen DeSisto

Hi Carleen,

Are you saying you and the client do not like the style of the cornice and you are thinking about doing a more decorative valance? Wonder why the draperies did not go to the floor?

What if you just did a decorative rod and went above the arch and mounted the rod. Then you would just do panels on the opposite side of the fireplace. Maybe 1 1/2 widths of fabric? That would also make the room look taller. You could show her that in Studio.

Comment

Another option is to go with the arch and create an Italian Strung panel which your client can release to cover the window for privacy. You may also want to suggest an arched top Roman Shade to keep it tailored and simple to operate..
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
      X