Perspective Tile Floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To's ~ Perspective Tile Floor

Patterned tile floors are trending now.... here's how to incorporate the look in your kitchen or bath renderings:
    Save the sample image from the vendor's site; crop if needed to pattern repeats. Import the image into Studio, resize based on your 1:20 or 1:24 drawing scale and duplicate until you have the width you need. Select All > Group. Create a jpeg of the floor and open in Irfanview. Select the Adobe plug-in and tilt the image approximately 72 degrees. Rename / Save. Import into Studio.
    This cement tile is from Walker Zanger - Veranda
    Follow the directions here if you are unfamiliar with the plug-in: https://www.minutesmatterstudio.com/...or-perspective
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

I really like that! I wonder if I would tire of it after 5 or 6 years. I love that Irfanview plugin.

Comment

• Merlyn
      Merlyn commented
      Editing a comment
      I think kitchens and baths should be timeless, not trendy... but, hey, if clients have the $$$ to redo every five years, why not go for it?!!! With a patterned floor, I'd keep the rest of the area fairly plain, no mosaic backsplash or bold wallpaper, that's for sure!

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that is the only place I would consider using the patterned tiles. One huge benefit would be that spots in the kitchen or bath would not show as quickly.

• Merlyn
      Merlyn commented
      Editing a comment
      Aaacckk - you are so right! During the wildfire evacuation we stayed in a San Francisco hotel that had charcoal color wood-look floor tiles in the bath and every little water spot showed! Would not want that maintenance!

Here's another example of a patterned tile floor in a bath. I used a 5-wall D bay template from the Wall Template Module, ungrouped and adjusted the width of the center wall and the perspective on the side walls to conform to the angle of the tile in the floor which was sent all the way to the back.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I know this is an old post but I was searching for help on a checkerboard floor and this SAVED my rendering!! Just wanted to say thank you for all the help! Jeanne
    Attached Files

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      Jeanne, that rendering is fabulous!

This forum holds a wealth of information!!
Working...
X