No announcement yet.

Studio 3.6 Fixes Windows 10 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would like to know about the current export issue. Screen shots are not a good sub for me
    Thanks for any info about the date of release

Comment

Ann ~ just curious - why is the screen shot not working for you? I find it quicker and easier, the screen shot image using Snipping Tool is just as clear as the Export one and I can get exactly what I want without cropping in Irfanview later.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        Ann, We don't have an ETA on the release yet. Our programmers ran into another issue with our installer which has prolonged the update.

Thank you.........wish you all the best.

Comment

I had the issue with having to enter the serial # every time I used the program. I had a windows update that created other issue with me so I did a restore. I went to the customer hub and dowloaded the latest version and re-installed studio and now I have the font issue again where it's so small I can't really use it. I don't want to change font settings on my computer as it affects every other program I'm using. What do I do now?

Comment

Editing a comment
          Hi Elena,

We are in the process of releasing a new update for Studio which corrects the export issue and the Windows 10 Creator issue. The software development team allow coded the software to ignore your computer's font if larger than 100%. I am so sorry to report, the eyedropper tool is not going to function properly. Computers with a native font size over 100% will always be an issue for Studio. I was told we would totally have to rebuild Studio to allow for the font to be 250%, which makes it cost prohibitive for us. I will be sending out an email to warn people about purchasing computers with font sizes over 100%.

Can you tell me the name and model of your computer that has the font issue?

Again, I apologize about this font issue. I just learned about the font issue a couple months ago and have been in communication with our software development team on a regular basis regarding issue. I thought surely they could find a solution to this problem.

If you pin your Settings icon to your taskbar, it takes a few seconds to switch to larger font and back again for your other programs.

Comment

• Elena Zanfei
          Elena Zanfei commented
          Editing a comment
          I will try that. Will this be fixed any time soon?

Editing a comment
          In the next version of Studio, the programmers have told Studio to ignore the font settings on your computer, however the eyedropper tool will not work properly. Studio is programmed to work with 100% font size.

I'm still having an issue. I've reset the font size and I'm able to create a floorplan even thought the tool icons are still quite small, but then when I try to select something from the side menu bar (from Room, SpacePlanning, etc.) I'm not able to get to the next layer where I select the actual item. I've tried resizing that menu bar but nothing is working - I can't get to those items and I'm unable to create the room rendering with furniture pieces. Any suggestions?

Comment

Since we still can't use "export" I have been scanning my designs, placing them in the clients folder, and then attaching them when I e-mail the client. Hope this helps some of you.,
        Linda

Comment

• Merlyn
          Merlyn commented
          Editing a comment
          "Scanning" as in printing and scanning? Why not use the Snipping Tool?

Yes, I also like to keep a hard copy in the client's folder. BTW, I couldn't find a "snipping tool"??
        Linda

Comment

• Merlyn
          Merlyn commented
          Editing a comment
          Assuming you are working on Windows platform computer, the snipping tool can be found by clicking on the Windows icon bottom left of your task bar and type "snip" (no quotation marks). Right Click when the snipping tool comes up and pin it to your Task Bar for easy access.

more info here for older versions: http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-use-snipping-tool, plus how to take a screen shot and how to turn off the red outline so that your image is border-free.

Hi Debbie,
        I got a new laptop and am trying to download Studio.

The message from the software update wizard says: Could not open Software Update Wizard licence file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Minutes Matter\Minutes Matter Studio\WebUpdateSvc4.LIC' or 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WebUpdateSvc4.LIC'!

It must be located in the application folder (or 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\' if calling app is located on a network drive.)

I'm really in over my head here, can you help?

Kathryn Dillon

Comment

Editing a comment
          I have never seen that message before. Let me do some checking. First, have you tried uninstalling, rebooting then reinstalling again?

Editing a comment
          You didn't have someone copy Studio's software to your new computer. You logged into your CustomerHub account and clicked on "Download the latest version of Studio" right?
      Working...
      X