No announcement yet.

Fabrics on Rendering How to Load HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabrics on Rendering How to Load HELP!

In the Fill Effects I don't have a fabric tap.

I cannot load fabrics or find them HELP Any one

I have loaded a few in the past, I am a mac user.

Comment

• Anna Davis
      Anna Davis commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you use the Custom Tab it is called custom now because it covers anything you need to add. You can do fabric, tile for a back splash, carpet, finishes for furniture. So you see custom covers more than just the word Fabric

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Pam,

Let us know if you still need help after you've read Anna's post.

Thank you Anna and Debbie. I am having trouble! I use firefox (right? can't find where it talks about this)to search for the fabric, just not sure what steps to take, I have spent hours on this today. Saving the fabric and cropping to get pattern repeat, lots of white space still after croping, and then finding the fabric in the filing system. I don't feel my filing system is setup correct. Any quick steps will be helpful!! I need a rendering for early Monday morning.

Comment

I need easy steps and directions to save fabrics to mac computer, having hard time calling it back up, hard time finding client file or fabric file, then fill for example a dust ruffle correct scale.

Comment

Have you watched the mini-clips on fabric? Look in your Customer Hub to find them.

You may also want to view this webinar (see below) also on your Customer Hub under "Collection Five" to learn how to save and find files on your Mac.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, Where do they start I am a mac user, Do I have to use firefox to start to gather fabrics? I don't understand the snipping tool where to get? I don't have black background
          on infanview. Very frustrated, difficult to find files.

Comment

• Anna Davis
            Anna Davis commented
            Editing a comment
            On a Macintosh, you have a screen capture. You will click on command-shift 4 then click hold and drag around the image you want to capture.

Yes, use your Firefox browser to visit fabric sites such as Greenhouse, Robert Allen, Kravet, etc. wherever you normally source your client's fabrics.

PCs have the snipping tool, Mac users "Command, Shift and 4" together and then select what you want to do a screen shot of. To snip the whole screen you use the "Command, Shift and 3" together. It will take a screen shot and copy it on to your desktop.

Open Irfanview, locate and open your fabric jpeg and crop by drawing a box with your cursor around the fabric, selecting the perimeter of the horizontal and vertical repeat if available. Click Crop Selection and then Save As, renaming the file to keep it distinct from the original fabric sample.
          Attached Files

Comment

I am so glad you are there Merlyn, thank you I will keep going. I may have questions later. XOXOXO

Comment

Hi Pam,

I checked your account and see that you're an online user. Have you watched the Studio Online videos? I have created a screenshot of the two videos that I think you will find very helpful. Log into your CustomerHub account and click the Studio Online tab. If you have a second device log into CustomerHub on that device and use your main computer to work.

We recommend all of our online users stay inside their Studio Online account to acquire fabrics and vendor images. You would simply click the Firefox icon or the Chrome icon on your Studio Online taskbar. (See 2nd screenshot) Then follow the instructions on the QuickTip video for filing inside the Studio Online tab.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Thanks, Debbie for responding. Sorry so long to get back. Yes I have watched videos many times. I think I have it figured out. I was not able to email the renderings, I was told
              that I was not set up to export. Any suggestions on videos to watch on that.

Comment

Editing a comment
                Hi Pam,

There isn't any restrictions on exporting a rendering in Studio. You're trying to export a rendering and email it to a client correct? Did you follow these steps? Open the rendering you want to email to the client > click on the Raspberry icon in the upper left corner > click export > select the location/folder where you want to save the export > select Medium for Output Quality.

Yes, there is a mini clip video on Exporting & Emailing Renderings > this video is located inside your CustomerHub account under Studio Library > Mini Clips.

NOTE: Always make sure you save the native .mms file before exporting. We have had users export a rendering without saving as a .mms file and then they close the rendering and they are left with only the .jpeg file which is not editable.

Ok I will try this, I might need a phone convo or remote access later this week if that is possible on my files, I follow the instructions and go through the steps you say, but hard to find files containing the file. I know that makes no sense. Very strange. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Pam,

Since you're unsure about filing inside your Studio Online account, try watching both of these videos inside your CustomerHub account in the Studio Online Tab. (See Screenshot below)

TIP: If you have an iPad or a second computer log into your CustomerHub account on the second device and practice on your main Mac computer. This will in a sense be like having dual monitors.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I know all about this strange occurrence! I will save files using various means - snipping tool, right click/save as, etc. - and when I open my Studio program and click on the Import Image button, i do not see the file! Lately I have been typing in the name I gave the file and lo and behold, the imported image appears in Studio. Here's an example - I have seven images saved to my Desktop, but only three are visible when I try to import them into Studio (see only the three in the attached screen shot). I type in kitchen.... and click okay and my image is there on my workspace. Irfanview displays all the images, but Studio does not. I have no idea why this happens. Weird, huh?

I don't use Studio in the clouds so your situation may be entirely different. Just wanted you to know that you're not alone in experiencing odd quirks!
                  Attached Files

Comment

I need serious help, a screen share, to view my new computer and how the files are set up I don't have that many, because the program is too difficult for me. I have spend hours today trying to get fabric on a chair and exported so that I can use it in a different program. I watch all the videos and my system isn't the same as what shows on your videos. I am thinking this is not the correct program for me too difficult too many hours spent just to simple tasks. Could some one call me Monday and set up a time. I will pay for help. I have a new I mac, I hoped it might work better but same issues, it must be me I know but this is always the same issues. I appears that I have have this software for a while and I dont use it much due to how long it takes me to use it.

Trouble with how files are filed. Not sure where they are landing

Getting fabrics on my computer and saved for a client SUPER Hard!!!!
                    I dont have a option to email a jpeg when exporting it.
                    I cant save my MMS Jpegs to my pictures.

Please Call 316 680-8688

Comment

Editing a comment
                      Hi Pam,

Knowing that you have Studio Online here are some answers to your questions:

1. You can move any file/image/folder from your Mac to your Studio Online account by clicking Network (as your going through the import process) then click tsclient > and you will see the redirects you have set up in your Microsoft Remote Desktop app.

2. You can log into your gmail account by clicking the Firefox or Chrome icon which is on your Studio Online taskbar and then simply log into your gmail account as you would from your Mac. Attach the image as normal.

3. We don't recommend that you save your Studio jpegs to My Pictures. We recommend saving your work/jpegs to your Studio Online account > My Studio Designs folder > Clients. Saving images to a specific client folder keeps everything in one place and makes everything pertaining to that client super easy to locate.

4. I will send a separate email with the Tour of Studio Online video. This video shows you how to setup your redirects and email clients from inside your Studio Online account as well as so many more tips and tricks for Studio Online.

NOTE: I have some time open Wednesday afternoon, if you still need help. Our one-on-one consult fee is $65 per hour.

Still having trouble.

Comment

Editing a comment
                      Can you explain and give specific details on what you are having trouble with?

I cant ever see topics in the lounge,nothing new or old.

I have a leather fabric in my i-mac photos that I need to get put on a sofa tufted in studio. I need step step instructions on how to QUICKLY and consistently do this.

Comment

I do not understand what infanview does for me. I see its a clipping tool.

Comment

When I pick fill effects in custom tab, I dont see my fabric files. This is where I have to spend hours trying to remembering how I got a few there that I have had success with, which
                        has not been many, then to find them. I dont feel my files are set up correct, and I dont have many, it does not follow what I see in your
                        videos.

Comment

Do I not use i-mac Photos?

Comment

In my photos : I right click.
                            use: Color Sync Utility
                            then I name the fabric
                            save: as jpeg ?
                            save in : Documents on i-mac or I have saved in downloads

I never seem to do it the same way its such a struggle.

How do I get it to Studio, my client folder for fill effects custom.

Comment

Working...
                            X