Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please update to add extra layer of protection against accidentally deleting a page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studio Tools ~ Please update to add extra layer of protection against accidentally deleting a page.

I think there should be some protection against accidentally deleting a page. The software really should ask if you want to delete a page before deleting it. Sometimes my program 'jumps' (or it could be my sensitive mouse) and I could inadvertently delete a page that I've been working on for hours. It's scary to think that the program wouldn't ask "Are you sure you want to delete this page?" It only asks if the page isn't saved.
    Thanks,
    Janet

No Janet our program does not ask if you are sure. We recommend to save when you start the file, as you work on the file save at different times. Our program also is set up to auto save every 5 minutes. So the auto save is our protection we have in place. It is hard to accidentally delete a file, you would have to right click on the page to delete the file .

Comment

If you have been working on the file for hours, it should be saved automatically in your Auto Backup folder under My Studio Designs. Click on the raspberry icon in Studio and then choose Open>My Studio Designs>Auto Backup Files. Make sure you have selected the 5 minute option under Auto Save on the MM icon.

Your deleted file should also be in your Recycle Bin where you can open it and click Restore.

However, and here's a big warning -- you can delete one page of a multiple page .mms file accidentally so you must be very careful about that. There is no retrieving it once it's gone. I have done that and it is extremely frustrating. There is a built-in prompt to alert you (see attached) so my main advice is to SLOW DOWN! Clicking too fast can lead to all sorts of trouble! As a precaution, when you open a new file, delete all the tabs at the bottom that you are not using before you start designing. That way you won't hit the Elevations page instead of the Marketing tab or page when you remove the extraneous ones.

And if you do make a mistake, check Auto Backup immediately in case that version had already been saved. Two days ago I was working on a two page file, decided the one complete page was fine and deleted the unneeded page. After reading your post, I checked my auto backup and found the two page file still intact. There is hope!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X