Holidays ~ Home for the Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holidays ~ Home for the Holidays

This time of year I think about the homeless and the people who are worse off than myself....So I made a home for those to take and make changes, add what you wish. It can be Christmas stuff, change the color. If you look close I even put in window treatments. Merlyn I bet you could put in some trees, with photoshop. Have fun, my friends at the Lounge.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Anna Davis; 01-25-2013, 07:41 PM.

Re: The Home

Hey, Laureenameye, when did you take a picture of my house?? haha - don't I wish!! What a beautiful house. Did you import that picture or draw every piece of it? If so, how many YEARS did it take? Studio is so versatile. You can even design your house with it.

So pretty.
    ~ Joanna ~
    Braxton Drapery Design
    "details make the difference"

Comment

OMG, I just opened it in Studio and answered my own question. You DID draw all of this. I won't retract my question about how many years this took!

Awesome!
      ~ Joanna ~
      Braxton Drapery Design

Comment

Joanna, It took 3 hours, and about 45 min. add something to it it would be fun to see what everyone does.

Comment

fabulous! I've added some wreaths and garlands and candles in the windows

you've done such an amazing job, Laureen, we shouldn't hoke it up with photo cutouts...it should all be done in Studio, don't you think?
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on join the fun! Thanks Merlyn Ok what ever you want....maybe I can make a gazebo or a picket fence, or that cute snowman or......................etc lol
            Last edited by Laureen Ameye; 12-08-2006, 04:05 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

how about a nice snowy backdrop?
              Attached Files

Comment

Just to make this fun a bit more meaningful, I will make a pledge. For every person who adds an original piece of Studio artwork to this design, I will donate $10 to Habitat for Humanity.

Comment

Goodness, you guys are amazing! Those greenery swags are great, Merlyn. That had to take some time too. I'm gonna have to work on picking up my speed to keep up with you two. That house would have taken me a LOT longer than 3 3/4 hrs. and I know Merlyn whipped those wreaths and swags out like nothing. Not me! Btw, that's so cool how the candles in the windows and bulbs on the wreaths look like they're really lit. I wouldn't have figured that out without dissecting the drawing. Now I know!

How generous of you, Merlyn, to donate to Habitat for Humanity. Sure makes me want to add something. I'll try to find some time this weekend to do that. How fun!
                  ~ Joanna ~
                  Braxton Drapery Design

Comment

"Uncle" mouth wide open. Terrific, beautiful. laureenameye do you have an art degree? Or does this just come natural to you? Thank you for sharing this awesome art work.
                    Barb E

Comment

Re: Home for the Holidays

well, no I dont have an Art degree, I wish I did, lol...........I love Merlyns backdrop, and the candles.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Laureen Ameye; 12-10-2006, 06:41 AM. Reason: addin pic

Comment

Well, I added some landscaping. Enjoy!
                        Attached Files
                        Have a happy day,
                        Casey Green

Minutes Matter Blog: "In The Loop"
                        Personal Blog: "My Crazy Life"
                        sigpic

Comment

In Wisconsin there are all kinds of icicle lights hanging on houses. We don't have them but a lot of the houses around us do. So Icicle trim is added. That habitat is a great idea Merlyn, you are so thoughtful. Bless you!

Barb E
                          Attached Files

Comment

now that's what I call creative, Barb! Are those icicles beads turned upside down? very clever....

and isn't it fun to see how "our house" would look in summer, as well. nice landscaping, Casey!

c'mon, everyone...let's get a few more contributions of your talent so Habitat can get a nice donation.

Comment

more fun
                              Attached Files

Comment

Oh, Merlyn, that's too cute!! Poor Santa - looks like he's having one of my days.

You beat me to it ~ I wanted to put Santa on the roof but knew there wasn't enough time in the world for me to draw him free-hand. You didn't really draw those reindeer freehand did you??

I really want to add to this but my clients and checkbook seem to be calling louder, daggonit! Can we still add to it AFTER Christmas?

Very nice!
                                ~ Joanna ~
                                Braxton Drapery Design

Comment

These are just fantastic.....wish I could participate, I don't have a spare second right now! Bobbie

Comment

i added icicles, not lights but ice.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by Laureen Ameye; 12-13-2006, 10:12 AM. Reason: addin zip

Comment

I actually woke up this morning & couldn't wait to get to the computer to see what was up with this thread. Merlyn, that picture is sooooo neat that it tells a story without words. Absolutely Love it.

laureenameye & Merlyn, I like your icicles better than my trim ones. I should have put them in separate & stretched them. Great job.
                                      Barb E

Comment

couldn't disappoint you today, Barb....

so, do you think the elves are in cahoots with the reindeer?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X