No announcement yet.

Studio 3.6 Fixes Windows 10 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Debbie, I've been watching this, because I am often challenged with this internet stuff. When you sent the initial notice, I found the place to postpone Creator. So I did that 5/27. now I'm reading all this commotion, and want to be sure that I incur the LEAST amount of trouble. So what would you advise? (I have Studio on my desktop (Windows Pro 10) which I don't use that often. I also have Studio on my laptop, which is Windows 7.) Right now I am involved in a lot of family stuff, and not needing to access my Studio that often.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Susannah,

We will be releasing a new version to fix the export and font issue soon. So you can wait until that version releases. The font issue affects only the people that have a computer with a super high resolution. The export issue affects every user, so we have suggested that they do a screenshot of their rendering until we launch the new release.

So, when that version is ready, what do I do next? Is it necessary to do anything with Windows, or will that just take care of itself? What exactly will be the steps I need to take?
    Thanks, Debbie!

Comment

Editing a comment
      Hi Susannah, you don't need to do anything right now. I will send an email when we have the new release ready to launch.

• Susannah West
      Susannah West commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Debbie, I just got a notice from Microsoft that the new update is ready to install. Remember - I deferred it 60 days ago. I just now clicked "Snooze", and the window disappeared. What is the simplest way for me to deal with all this???? Can I keep clicking Snooze, until there is a better time to install it? Have you all resolved things?
      I need to keep everything the simplest it can be!!!!

Thanks!!!

Editing a comment
      We are hoping to release an new update for Studio sometime next week. You will receive an email when we release it. You can keep clicking snooze until that time.

Will you email me the instructions to fix the export issue? Thank you.

Comment

Well, I am up and running. I tried to follow your instructions, Debbie. I downloaded the 3.6.2 version but when I did it went to my download folder instead of to my desktop. I double clicked to open it and it did open but guess what. I didn't have to enter my serial number or anything and studio on my desktop opened. It is 3.6 though, I am happy to be up and running but maybe I haven't gotten to where I should be. I think my problem was the font size. I changed the font size and rebooted the computer. I really don't know if I have to do anything else. Thank you for all your help. Only thing is being I am older and can't see with my glasses on, I am having trouble reading my computer now.

Comment

Editing a comment
      Hi Ruth, You have a folder on your desktop labeled (3.6.2) right? Inside that folder, you should see the Studio icon if you doubled clicked to expand it.

Next question for you, what is the default size of the font on your computer? If the default size is 250% then select that. Whatever the default size of your font is be sure to select that, then you MUST log off your account or reboot your computer to allow the font size to take effect.

YIKES! I uninstalled 3.6 and then downloaded the Dropbox 3.5 - it doesn't even open now - "The program can't start because mfc140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I reinstalled and I still have no program.

Comment

Editing a comment
      After talking to our programmer and researching we found that your Windows OS is not up-to-date. They said you have Windows 7 or Windows 8. The link is from the Microsoft website. You can also have your computer check for updates and it should install it automatically. Be sure to install the full package of updates recommended for your computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ime-in-windows

Have Windows do the update:
      https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...windows-update

Those .dlls must be installed for Studio to run.

• Debra Rogers
      Debra Rogers commented
      Editing a comment
      Neither of those links work - but my computer was last updated by microsoft on 7/12 - so my updates are up to date. This only occurred after I uninstalled MMS 3.6 and tried to install the Dropbox version 3.5. I have reset my computer to before I uninstalled 3.6 and it's working - but the frustration is in not being able to export files. I export almost every file - so that I can send to my clients. Hope that the fix will be soon as the screen shot isn't really what I need.

Editing a comment
      I guess Microsoft took those webpages down. They were working last week. I found a new link to get the .dll installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-mfc80u-dll-mo

I really don't know how to check for what size my font should be! All I can say is I am up and running and now the font that is on the computer is really small for my old eyes to see! Here's the version of minute Matter I am using!
    Attached Files

Comment

Editing a comment
      Ruth, close Studio and right click on your Desktop and select Display Settings. You'll see your font size, you can move the slider until you see the font size has Default or Recommended beside the font size.

Thanks, Debbie I will take a look at this later today! Have a great day.

Comment

I updated MMS - however it keeps closing unexpectedly. The work is getting lost. Please help.

Comment

Editing a comment
        Hi Juanita, Are you trying to export a rendering when the program closes?

Hi Debbie,
      Back on June 28th I tried to do the fix and lost my entire program. After that vacation and sickness so just getting back to try to download my program. It is wanting to install Wizard or Firefox. I have Google Chrome and wanted to ask if that would work?

Thanks
      Kathy Spark

Comment

Editing a comment
        Hi Kathy, you can download Studio either in Firefox or Chrome.

Hello,
      My program won't open after the Windows update, and when I go to the control panel to uninstall so I can reinstall it, I don't see it in the list. Not sure what I should do now?

Comment

Editing a comment
        Hi Deborah,

Go ahead and install Studio from your CustomerHub account.

• Deborah Getta
        Deborah Getta commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm using Parallels, what side should I install it on and under what folder, Parallels programs or applications?
        Thanks

Editing a comment
        You can only Studio on the Parallels side. You can't install Studio on the Mac side. Log into CH and download Studio from a Firefox or Chrome browser and Studio will install in the correct location. Do this from the Parallels side.

I followed the instructions on how to fix the export problem in Windows 10. It worked for the last project. I just tried to export on a new project and the message I get is that Windows is experiencing a problem and will have to close!!
      Linda

Comment

Editing a comment
        Hi Linda, You need to do a screenshot of your rendering, the export feature is not working. We are hoping to realease another version this week or next week.

I was thrilled to be able to use MM on my HP Envy with Creator but could not Export. When I try to export I get the same message as before when I tried to open MM. I am now sending the MM renderings to my old Dell with Windows 7, exporting the design , emailing expor to my HP Envy and then emailing it to my clients. Painful!! I also cannot download Adobe Photoshop to my HP Envy Windows 10 even with my firewall down. Any suggestions?

Comment

Editing a comment
        Hi Cheryl, we sent out an email regarding the export issue with the new update on June 28th did you see that email?

We have a new update that will be released shortly. Be sure to be on the lookout for that email so you can download the new version. In the meantime, you can do screenshots.

• Merlyn
        Merlyn commented
        Editing a comment
        I have found that the temporary fix for the Export issue is actually faster/easier than exporting a rendering. Just use your Snipping Tool and get exactly what you want to see.
        It appears that Adobe Photoshop Elements is also incompatible with Windows 10 Creators. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2310287

what is the latest update on the export feature. works on one computer but not the other??
      Thanks

Comment

Editing a comment
        Hi Ann, We are hoping to release a new update very soon, hopefully this week.

I also wanted to mention I am going to change your username to Ann Youngblood. I wanted to leave your current username so you would see this message.

For those of you who cannot download Adobe Photosjhop elements call Microsoft help at 1-877-696-7786. I spoke with them over an hour. Extremely helpful and was able to download Photoshop on my HP Envy Computer.

Comment

In the older version of MM and using my Windows 7 computer I could insert my logo which is in a jjpeg format. In the newer version of MM I cannot insert my logo as a jpeg. I receive the same notification from Windows as the one with the older version of MM telling there is a Windows problem and shuts down MM.. Should I change the format of my logo. If so, to what? Cheryl Hucks CMYK Logo.jpg
        Interior Designer specializing in creating elegant, timeless living spaces that fit her clients’ lifestyles perfectly. Featured designer on Houzz.com

Comment

Editing a comment
          We have hundreds of users using the new version of Studio 3.6 and everyone can import jpegs without an issue. I just tried it again and didn't have an issue. You might try do a save as in Irfanvew and append the name slightly and try importing again.

Hi Debbie,
        Irfanview does not recognize the jpg version of my logo. Any other suggestions? Is there another way to rename it? Just renaming it on my computer does not work. Thanks

Comment

Editing a comment
          Did you open in Irfanview and do a save as? You can't just rename a jpeg, you have to do a save as and then rename it.

Due to the new Studio update made necessary by Creator, I was unable to import my logo that was able to insert into all my MM designs for years. After Irfanview would not recognize by logo here is how I resolved my problem. I made a screen shot of my logo and using the Windows Snipping Tool I drew a rectangle around my logo and saved it. Studio now thinks it is a photo and I am able to insert it in my elevations and space plans. Yeah!!!

Comment

Editing a comment
          Yes, a screenshot would work too! Good job thinking outside the box.

Debbie, What is the latest version of Studio? I have 3.6.1. Does that fix all the issues with 10 Creator? I am having trouble loading a photo from DropBox into Studio this morning. When I go to DropBox the photos are there but when I go to the DropBox file through Studio it does not have anything in it. Also, is the problem with the export renderings fixed?
        Joann Wieberdink
        Couture Creations
        Tulsa OK Area

Comment

Editing a comment
          Hi Joann, Yes that is the latest version of Studio and yes it did fix the Windows 10 Creator issue we were having. However, the export feature is not working. We will be releasing a update very soon that fixes the export issue. I will be posting on this forum as well as sending out an email.

Retrieving files from Dropbox is not an issue with the new version. You are using the import feature and not the open feature correct?

The search feature has not been working in studio since the update. anyone having this issue?

Comment

I am checking to see the current status on the 3 emails we received in May and June 2017 regarding the problems/resolutions to the windows 10 update. I have done nothing yet. When I clicked on the raspberry icon today the window appeared asking for the serial number.......which I had been having happen frequently for quite a while(several months) even after uninstalling and reinstalling the program. What should I do now? I am not sure if I have windows 10 creator. Also I have not let windows update when the window has been coming up the past few weeks. Thank you Debbie

Comment

Editing a comment
            Hi Deborah, If you are able to open and use Studio, then you can wait to install Studio's update. We have released an update that works with Windows 10 Creator, however, the new version has an issue exporting. We have advised users with the new version to do screenshots. We have found a solution but haven't released another update yet. Still doing a bit more testing.

The version (3.6 rel 1) we released in late June does correct the issue of having to re-enter you serial number multiple times.

• Deborah Passi
            Deborah Passi commented
            Editing a comment
            thank you. Well i went ahead and updated to windows 10 creator and installed the MM update. I was able to get in by entering serial number. I will watch for updates from you regarding exporting issue.

Just curious...........are you planning to do monthly webinars again?

Thanks, Debbie

Editing a comment
            Hi Debbie,

I am not sure when I will get back to the webinars. Still settling into my new life.
        Working...
        X