Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question ~ How do you create diagonal tiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question ~ How do you create diagonal tiles?

Having trouble creating a rendering with diagonal tiles. Any suggestions?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Here's a quick way to use one of the existing floor templates and color it: Under Elevations > Ceiling templates, select the tile floor. Then create a polygon shape and fill with a transparent color. Merge the two to get the new floor. Change line color if desired. See attached.

Filling a square and duplicating as you've done, then exporting the full floor and using Irfanview to create a perspective view works, but the repetition of the same pattern looks unnatural. See screenshots below. The only way to avoid that is to save four or more different views of the same flooring material and rotate them randomly just as a real life tile setter would do. Tedious....
    Attached Files

Comment

• Po Campitelli
      Po Campitelli commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Merlyn! Unnatural Yes I agree! Great point about rotating the tiles. Will try your suggestions. Is there a way to rotate the square to create a diamond shape? Some floors have tiles on a diagonal.

You can use the same method as the regular squares, just rotate them, and alter in Irfanview; but you don't get a true perspective view since all the tiles are the same size (see photo 1 below). You may get better results in Photoshop - I don't have it installed on this computer so I can't check it.

here's an example of the diagonal squares drawn in Studio without using Irfanview to distort. It doesn't look bad, just not realistic. .mms file attached

sorry I misinterpreted your original question, mistaking diagonal for perspective; hope this helps
    Attached Files

Comment

• Po Campitelli
      Po Campitelli commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow Ms Merlyn that looks Great! Thank you for the helpful hints!!!
Working...
X