Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To's ~ Move Custom Folder (Shapes)

How to get the same custom images on two different computers.

First you must decide which computer will be your main computer or the one that has your largest custom work completed and saved, this will delete your custom work saved on the 2nd computer.
    "How to move your "Shapes folder" to a new computer."

The easiest way is if you have dropbox. This is free, https://www.dropbox.com/downloading
    Ok now you have dropbox all set up. Install dropbox on your old computer and your new computer.

Dropbox Directions
    • Make a folder in dropbox called Shapefolder.
    • Open your My Studio Designs old folder
    • Copy the Shapes folder
    • Paste it into the dropbox folder called Shape folder (the dropbox folder is also located in My Documents)
    • Open your new computer
    • Click on the My DropBox folder
    • Click on Shape folder
    • Copy the Shapes folder
    • Open My Studio Designs (new computer)
    • Rename the Shapes folder to Old Shapes ( you can also copy all the items in the shapes folder and paste into the folder) without making new folders
    • Paste the new folder in My Studio Designs
    • All your items are now in your custom folder.

OR
    Thumbdrive Directions
    • Use a thumb drive copy the old shapes folder to the thumb drive
    • Put the thumb drive into the new computer
    • Copy the Shapes folder from the thumb drive
    • Open My Studio Designs
    • Rename the Shapes folder to Old Shapes ( you can also copy all the items in the shapes folder and paste into the folder) without making new folders.
    • Paste the Shapes folder
    • You are all set with the Custom folder items all set for your new computer

If you are a "on line" (cloud user) this also works to move all your custom items to the clouds.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Shapes folders cannot be merged. You can ONLY choose ONE Shapes folder. Be very careful ~ this is a Studio System folder and you SHOULD NOT add or delete any files in this folder or change the name of this folder.
    Last edited by Anna Davis; 01-18-2013, 03:55 PM.
Working...
X