Mac Users ~ Which Macbook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Users ~ Which Macbook?

I use Mac, have for years. I'm taking the plunge and buying a Macbook but I am flummoxed as to which one to get. I know I don't need retina display, or the 'big guns' and I think the 'Air' is too small.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    This will be my go to client's homes system. I don't play games or watch movies.
    Thanks.
    Linda

Re: Which Macbook?

Hi Linda,
    Debbie has the MacAir and she loves it. I have the mac pro and I love this size. The 13 inch was just to small in my mind since I already have the ipad. With the mac pro if you decide to add more ram you can with the 13 inch air you can not make this type change. Of course if you are just going to use the laptop for Studio with parallels and windows so you can have Quickbooks I do think Debbie has these on her air then the air works fine for this. If you are going to use the laptop for a main computer ram may be important. You are correct there are a lot of things to think about, even style. The 13 inch air has some great travel cases. I did have to search for my case online that was slim and would also hold my ipad. Yes the case was important for travel. I really don't carry my mac pro insdie clients homes but I always have it with me, I carry my ipad. Maybe Debbie will have time to post a little more about her air.

Comment

Re: Which Macbook?

Hi Linda,

I purchased the biggest MacBook Air I could. I am very happy with the weight and size. I have had it almost one year. It boots up incredibility quick and Parallels works fine on it. I love the weight of the Air for mobility. I don't play games, but do watch recorded webinars and watch movies via Apple TV and AirPlay. Love AirPlay. If you decide on a MacBook Air be sure to get the most memory and harddrive you can. I think mine was a total of $1799. When I am in the office I hook my Air up to one of my external monitors.

Comment

Working...
      X