JPEG Saving Very small picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPEG Saving Very small picture

I don't know what's changed, or if I did something to my computer, but when I save a completed design and want to transfer it to my computer files, it saves very small on the page. I've checked every setting I can think of. Any ideas why this is happening?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Hi Debra ~ Did you by any chance "park" something off in the gray space outside the workspace? When you export a drawing with extraneous bits, it does reduce the size of the image. Use the Zoom feature and go out to 40% to see if you've left anything in "outerspace."

Comment

Hi Merlyn! Thanks for responding. I went back and checked that. There's nothing floating in outer space. I even went to each object to see if there was something lurking and all is clear. It didn't change anything. If I print from Studio, the print size is exactly as I see it on the screen. Fits perfectly on 8-1/2 x 11. I save the file. Then hit export. Give it a name. Save. Then go to files and find the file to copy over to my computer file. From there when I see the image it is small on the page. When I look for it in the file as an Infranview image, it is small. Do you have any other ideas? I'm just baffled. And frustrated. Thanks so much.

Comment

I am trying to duplicate what you've done and see what I see....will get back to you. BTW your rendering and presentation are stunning!

tried a few things but can't seem to get a standard rendering to appear smaller in Irfanview. Not sure what's going on with your files... sorry. When you print from a jpeg, are you saying the printing (rendering) doesn't fit the page as it does when you print directly from Studio?

Comment

Are you opening this in Irfanview or as a mms file. If you are opening in Irfanview it is a setting in the program, we have had this happen before.

Comment

Hi there Anna and Merlyn. Here's exactly what I do, step by step.
            1) Create the file and do all my work.
            2) Save to the mms file. Here's the name: C:\Users\debra lagemann\Documents\My Studio Designs\Clients\BRD - Becky Robbins Design\BRD_RankinJennifer\BRD_JR.LIVING ROOM
            which of course, saves the entire file.
            3) Then Export. Name: JR_LR.PlanA 121217 913am
            4) Chose medium export option and OK

5) Then I want to save a copy of it to my Microsoft One Drive file. (BTW, I am no longer using a Mac. I have a new desktop PC, but all worked fine until recently) When I go to look it up to copy it over to my Office drive, whether I look in Infranview Images or go to Libraries:
            C:\Users\debra lagemann\Documents\My Studio Designs\Clients\BRD - Becky Robbins Design\BRD_RankinJennifer\BRD_JR.LIVING ROOM
            I still get the very small image on the page.

In the mms file, it's stored perfectly and I can print directly from my computer to printer just fine, but I cannot find what I have set wrong, so that I can save the picture to actual size. I just noticed up at the top of this page in the tab section, it is even listed as JPEG Saving Very Small picture.

Comment

• Anna Davis
              Anna Davis commented
              Editing a comment
              That is right you have to change the save from very small..

• Anna Davis
              Anna Davis commented
              Editing a comment
              Go to View > Display Options (window mode) and select Fit images to Window or Fit Only big images to window.

If you maximize the IrfanView window, the first option (Fit images to Window) should suffice. This will scale up smaller images, and scale down the larger ones.

If you keep IrfanView windowed, then the second option will only rescale images that are larger than the IrfanView window. Images that are smaller will display at their native resolution.

Shift-W will select fit image to Window in no-fullscreen mode.
              Ctrl-H will display image at full size (pixel per pixel) in non-fullscreen mode.

How do I do that?

Comment

• Anna Davis
              Anna Davis commented
              Editing a comment
              Debra what program are you opening the file in that it is showing very small.

• Debbie Green Sutherland
              Debbie Green Sutherland commented
              Editing a comment
              Debra, Try changing the export size from Medium to High.

You could also give us the .mms file so we can see if we can determine the issue.

Here are my settings on Irfanview

Comment

Here's exactly what I see when I look at my screen right now, you will see the JPEG Saving Very small..... at the top

Comment

Oh! That's the title of this subject.

Comment

Debbie Green, thank you. How do I give you the mms file? Here it is saved to high:

Comment

Editing a comment
                    Debra, I just noticed this response. It appears that you have something outside your rendering. Press CTRL A to select all and see if there is something outside your rendering. You might need to zoom out 25% more than Fit to Page.

When I try to share the folder with Anna or tech support, it won't allow me to do so. How do I share it with you?

Comment

Editing a comment
                    You wouldn't share, you would click on a new post here and then click Attachment icon on the upper right side of your post and drill down to locate your .mms file.

If you're inside your Studio Online account be sure to use either Chrome or Firefox inside your Studio Online account to log into the forum and post from there.

BRD_JR.LivingRoom.mms

Comment

Did that work?

Comment

Anna, I just noticed your comment above about the View. I'll try that.

I tried. It didn't change.

Comment

Well, Debbie Green, yes, it does seem that something is far far away out in upper left field of never land somewhere, but I can't find a way to find it and capture it.

Comment

OH DEBBIE!!!! Thank you. After thinking about it I went back and captured everything in the page and copied it to a new page. Problem SOLVED! I can't believe how much time I wasted on this. Good Grief! Thank you so much Debbie and Anna and Merlyn for all your help. I wish I had thought to do that last night, but I couldn't even get the green dotted line to show me the clue that there was something floating around out there. I am deleting that page!!!

Comment

Editing a comment
                            Hi Debra,

I was able to download your .mms file and copied only that rendering to a new document and it exported fine. If you ever see all that white space you know there is something outside the workspace.

YAY! glad we were able to uncover the issue.
                        Working...
                        X