Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change the direction of the floorboards in the elevations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To's ~ How do I change the direction of the floorboards in the elevations?

Hi everyone I'm new here in the lounge. I have a question. How do I change the direction of the floorboards in the elevations?

The direction has to stay horizontal. Create new vertical board templates and save to your custom folder. Attached is a file showing two different templates, a wider board and a narrower board, using gradient fill in wood tones. The second template has a wood fill but you can see how it doesn't look super realistic because it doesn't fill the angled boards correctly.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Zahida Parveen
      Zahida Parveen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sooo much for the template that you sent.
      Something better than nothing.

Where can I get the templates for a toilet as I cannot find any within the software of MM.

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Zahida,

At this time Studio doesn’t have toilets in the library. Merlyn might have one in her stash.

Thank you sooo much for your reply. I will try it and let you know

Comment

toilet templates here: https://www.minutesmatterstudio.com/...odule-cabinets

Comment

• Zahida Parveen
        Zahida Parveen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much Merlyn. I was going crazy looking for it.

• Zahida Parveen
        Zahida Parveen commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Merlyn
        I clicked into the link just gave its not opening but the toilet one did so thank you that.

I'm not an expert but I did this and wanted feedback but my client loved it
      Attached Files

Comment

• Anna Davis
        Anna Davis commented
        Editing a comment
        What are the black lines, is this grout lines, you can change the color of the lines to make your drawing a little better. You may want to change the lines in the shower also. Everything else looks great.

Hi Anna

Do you mean I should change the color of the grout the same color as the tiles??
      Thank you the feedback.

Comment

Yes instead of black use a grey or even white to give a more realistic look. You would not use a black grout.

Comment

• Zahida Parveen
          Zahida Parveen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you so much for your guidance.

a few notes: this has to do with scale - on your shower floor and wainscoting - make sure you edit the sample to the "real life" size; for example, if your sample shows 10.75" x 10.75", edit to those dimensions - is this your original?
        https://tilebar.com/talon-calacatta-...rble-tile.html

Yours appears to be about three times larger than real life. Main floor - it's not possible to get a realistic look by simply filling the squares, so you'll need to make crops of the sample and rotate and flip them, to create at least 4 different directions. Then make your floor tile squares and fill, alternating the marble fills. See attached.

More scale issues: if you used 1:20 drawing scale, your vanity is 43" high - is that what you intended? all your other dimensions will be affected by this, including the mirror and lighting heights as well as your wall tile. Remember: the kitchen cabinet images are 1:24 (half inch scale) and the elevation scale is 1:20. Adjust all images accordingly.

That's a door knob, not a hinge, and should be on the opposite side. Use your drawing tools to create a more oval shaped tub on the floor plan. Your vanity frame is slightly transparent, bring it back up to full opacity.

Other than those suggestions, your presentation is very well done, combining Studio and imported images to good effect. I'm not surprised your client was happy. What you don't want is an unhappy client when s/he sees that the chevron tile in the new bath is much smaller than the rendering.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hi Merlyn

I will take a look into this and try changing the size.
          Thank you so much for your support and I will post the pictures once I've changed the size

Comment

After looking at the room photo on the site (below), it appears that the size of the tile is somewhere between yours and mine. In your original drawing it appears to be stretched out a bit, but closer to the real size; mine is too small. Save the sample and then crop it along the grout lines so you get a cleaner repeat (see pattern interruption in sample on right below). If you have an actual sample, measure it for more accuracy. Hard to tell what it should be based on the description and dimensions given. See the scaled photo of the toilet (assuming a height of 31") with four sections of tile measuring about 22" - see revised west elevation attached.

I opened your .mms file and noted that the top of the mirrors is at 60". The bottom is 40" from the floor, which is ADA compliant but the center of the mirror should be positioned at the eye level of t the people using the mirror. so I guess what I'm saying is you need a taller mirror if your clients are average height or above.
            Attached Files
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Hi Merlyn

I tried opening the attachment but it's not opening

Comment

I just checked it - it's opening for me. Are you logged in to the Lounge? You can't open files if you're not logged in. Try again, and if it doesn't work for you, email me corky301@aol.com

Comment

I was logged in but I ve tried again and it's opened.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X