Import Image size limitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Image size limitation

What is the size limitation when importing image?
    I have a new logo, when I try to import the .jpg, studio errors and shuts down.
    I resized the image to 1/4 the size and can import it successfully, although I do not like the reduced quality.

Hi Marie, Try 1/2 the size. I'm not sure the size limitation on importing an image. I can't remember experiencing an issue when I import an image.

Comment

how odd.... I have imported literally thousands of images and have never experienced this.... just imported what I consider a large photo (size below) to check and it was fine. What is the size of the image you were first trying to import?
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Marie,

Also, try to do a Save As and rename the jpeg in the original size and then try importing again. Maybe Studio is not recognizing it as an image file.

Comment

I'm having trouble importing our new logo into our Studio files. I have resized the image several times and re-saved it with different names. The program crashes every time. Ideas?

Comment

FYI, I just reloaded the latest version of the software. It still crashes when loading the image. Help!

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
              Debbie Green Sutherland commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Mark, Can you click on Options > About Studio and tell me the version of Studio that is loaded on your computer.

I also, changed your login credentials for the forum for our format and I have sent you an email with those credentials.

This is the version on my laptop. I'll see what's on the desktop in my office and let you know. However, I just downloaded the latest version there in the last couple weeks. Does this help?
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Editing a comment
              Hi Mark, yes you have the correct version installed on your laptop. Try a different jpeg image and see if you still have the problem. Or, try to open the image in Irfanview and renaming/cropping and saving again with a different name or try like Merlyn suggested to reboot your computer.

Not sure what is going on, but just this week I had a problem importing an image. Tried three times and each time Studio shut down. Finally worked on the the fourth try without resizing or renaming. Marie never reported back the type/size of image she was trying; how about you, Mark? Starting to wonder if all those Microsoft updates have something to do with it? Are you using a PC or Mac product? I'm on a Dell.

Comment

I have same version of Studio on my office computer. It's a brand-new high-powered HP. Per Debbie, I restarted the computer and tried to import at 786K jpg image today that had been resaved in Photoshop. The program crashed each time I tried the import.
              Suggestions?

Comment

• Merlyn
                Merlyn commented
                Editing a comment
                Mark ~ had you already added shapes, text, and other images to the file before importing your 786k jpeg - if so, how large was the Studio file before the import? Any gradient fill involved? Is it any image that causes the crash or just the logo file? Sorry for all the questions, but it's hard to pinpoint what might be causing it. without getting really specific.

Editing a comment
                Hi Mark, is it the same jpeg you're trying to import? Can you upload the jpeg here so we can try to import? Click the camera icon as you create a reply.

These are two I've been trying to insert.
              Attached Files
              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Anna Davis
                Anna Davis commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Mark, you are using the import image icon to bring your logo into the program correct? I imported the image and it worked fine, I will edit your post and add the file.

I tried both the smaller and larger logo files and didn't experience a crash. However, while I was experimenting with creating your logo in Studio using the text box, the program stopped working!! ??? This has happened way more lately - is it something to do with Microsoft updates?

Comment

Working...
              X