Filling Window Treatments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling Window Treatments

I am doing work for another designer. She is using a pleated panel with the Kasmir fabric. She is also asking to have it pleated to pattern. I am having a hard time with this. I just don't think the panels filled correctly? Will take any suggestions.
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

You're not going to be able to get a really accurate representation because of the way a pleat flares out from top to bottom - custom fills just don't curve.

But here's one way to try: Crop the fabric sample into light and dark stripes. Then use a rectangle for the color you've chosen to "recede" (not the front of the pleat). Create a pleat shape with the close bezier tool and fill with the dominant color. Add your three prong pleat or other style from the Embellish folder and center on the pleat fold. Fill with dominant color and duplicate. See attached mms file.

Another way that's simpler and looks just as good if not better is to change the width to 3" when you edit the fabric. Then sub-select the pleats and change them to the dominant color - see attached screenshot from your file with edited fabric fill.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Merlyn. I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X