Eyedropper work around for computers not at 100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyedropper work around for computers not at 100%

I purchased a high-end laptop with very high resolution for color and design.
    My screen resolution is 3840 x 2160 and the recommended scale is set at 250%
    Everything was great until I tried to use the eyedropper tool.
    As you know, unable to work properly unless the font/scale is set to 100%. I had this problem with MM Studio and Photoshop.

The solution.....
    I use an auxiliary monitor (thanks to Debbies suggestion and tutorial years ago) while I am working in my studio.
    The monitors' resolution and font/scale setting is 100%
    The eyedropper works when I place what I want to pull the color from on the other monitor.
    This never dawned on me after my months of struggle but I'm happy!

Hope this will be a help to someone else too.

Good job Marie, love out of the box thinking!! I have used dual monitors for so long, it would be hard to go back to working on a single monitor. Just one more reason to have a second monitor.

Comment

I use two monitors also. I am not sure I could go back. I have a windows computer set up with two monitors. I also use my MacBook air and have an external monitor on it at another workstation. It makes everything work so much easier with two monitors. I think I gave 125.00 for one of the external monitors. What is so funny I even have a external monitor set up on a old laptop for our grandbabies so they can watch PBS.

Comment

I do not have a 2nd monitor. Is that the only workaround?

Comment

First check your monitor resolution. It should be set at 100%.
          To check your screen resolution, use these steps in Windows 10:
          • Type Display Settings in the search bar from the Start Menu in the lower left corner of your screen.
          • Click to open.
          • Scroll down to the Scale and Layout section and look for the resolution drop-down box.

Trying to add a link to another post which offers a "trick" but unsuccessful. Search for eyedropper and it should pop up.

copied from the other thread: OK, here's a weird trick to try: select your eyedropper tool; More Colors box will open. Hold down your right mouse button along with the left mouse button and move the eyedropper to select the color. Let us know if that works!

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
            Debbie Green Sutherland commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn’t remember that weird trick? Who found that?

• Merlyn
            Merlyn commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably googled it!
        Working...
        X