Studio 3.6 Fixes Windows 10 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To's ~ Studio 3.6 Fixes Windows 10 Issues

It is a day of REJOICING! After over a month of research, our programmer has fixed both of our Windows 10 issues.
    • Studio would require a serial number after every Windows update. - FIXED
    • Studio would not open after the new version of Windows 10 Creator was installed. - FIXED

To receive this update you can open Studio and allow the update to run automatically or you can log into your CustomerHub account and click the link on the My Account tab to download the latest version of Studio. This new version will allow Studio to open with Windows 10 Creator.

IMPORTANT: Once the update is complete, you will have to enter your serial number. Your serial number is located in your CustomerHub account. COPY the serial number with great care to ensure you don't accidentally copy a space. If you receive an error message "Serial number not accepted" or "Invalid format." The number is wrong, try again.

How do i know if I have Windows 10 creator? My settings say window 10 Home is the version I have-is that the same thing? I downloaded the latest version of MMS but i cannot find anything that tells me I am supposed to enter my serial number. I even tried switching to Foxfire, which I have not ever used. When i click on the MMS rasberry on my real desktop (not the on line desk top) nothing happens, the new program will not open. I googled Windows 10 Creator, to find out how to download that, but they refer to different versions. not sure what to do. When I can finally get the desktop version of MMS to work again, is there a way to transfer the files I created on the "on-line" version, back onto my real desktop?

I really need help. Is there anyone I can talk to?
    Judy Gooch 865-310-8826

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Judy,

If you have successfully installed Studio 3.6 and Studio is opening then everything is fine. You do have Windows 10 Creator installed on your computer since that is why you signed up for Studio Online last month. Remember, Studio wouldn't open? To confirm that you have the new version of Studio click Options > About Studio > you'll see the release number.

You can log into your online account and copy files and then paste them into your client folder on your PC.

Originally posted by Debbie Green View Post
    It is a day of REJOICING! After over a month of research, our programmer has fixed both of our Windows 10 issues.
    • Studio would require a serial number after every Windows update. - FIXED
    • Studio would not open after the new version of Windows 10 Creator was installed. - FIXED

To receive this update you can open Studio and allow the update to run automatically or you can log into your CustomerHub account and click the link on the My Account tab to download the latest version of Studio. This new version will allow Studio to open with Windows 10 Creator.

IMPORTANT: Once the update is complete, you will have to enter your serial number. Your serial number is located in your CustomerHub account. COPY the serial number with great care to ensure you don't accidentally copy a space. If you receive an error message "Serial number not accepted" or "Invalid format." The number is wrong, try again.
    Debbie - I just updated my Studio account - now the font is so small I cannot read any of it. My recommeded font setting for my computer is 3200 x 1800. How do I fix this problem.

Comment

Editing a comment
      Wow that is a high resolution. Right click on your Desktop and click Display Settings, see if you can change the font size to get the font a little larger. You have Windows 10 correct? Can you give me specs on your computer? Is it a laptop? Brand and model?

Editing a comment
      I talked with the programmer, and he reminded me the font size needs to be 100%. If the font size goes over 100% the scale and eyedropper tool in Studio doesn't work properly. Can you give me info regarding your computer?

Hurray Debbie......I am still with Windows 10 #1607, no Windows Creator as of yet. Should I wait until I receive #1763 or whatever Windows Creator's number is? Do I also have to shut off my virus protection program while downloading this fix?
    BTW I was never able to get Studio to open on its own. I have to always put in my access code to activate each time. I tried the instructions here 5 times with no results. I am hoping that this fix will fix all of that.
    Thanks ever so much for this great news and fix.
    Barb in WI

Comment

Editing a comment
      Hi Barbara, Open Studio and follow the update prompts. Sometimes people do have to turn off their anti-virus. Try the update without turning off you anti-virus.

I have been putting off the update like you told us in the email. So you're saying it's ok to go ahead and let the creator update? Just want to be sure!! lol
    Debbie Kirby

Comment

Editing a comment
      Hi Debbie, yes I am saying it is fine to update Studio and allow the update of Windows 10 Creator to download and install. The Windows update takes a couple of hours. It is a large update.

Good News Debbie....It did update AND it opens on its own without access code. Windows Creator has always asked me to review and I always told them to remind me later so now I will check into that and see how long it takes to get Windows Creator hoping all other programs will stay well with it. Thank you, Barb in WI PS I did update without turning off my antivirus. The antivirus screen did come up and said to wait while it checked it out for a virus.

Comment

Editing a comment
      Hi Barbara, it seems there are some people Studio is not requesting a serial number. Did you confirm that the update installed? Click Options > About Studio > you'll see the version and it should be 3.6 not 3.5 Rel 1.

Hello, I installed the software again on Windows 10 but the icons and letters are so small any advice to fix it?

Comment

Editing a comment
      You can't upload an image when you use the comment feature. Don't worry about adding an image I understand what you're saying. We have a fix for the font issue and exporting. I will email you in the morning with the fix.

• Alejandra Canales
      Alejandra Canales commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Debbie, I download the zip file, and I open studio from the file on the desktop following your instructions, but my eye dropper still not working , well is working but is not catching the exact hue. is there any fix available?

Editing a comment
      Hi Alejandra, No there isn't a fix for the eyedropper since Studio is programmed for the font to be set for 100%. This fix addresses the small font and the export issue. They are telling me that this can't be fixed when the default font is more than 100%.

Yes Debbie I did confirm the V3.6 Rel1 Build 6/21/2017
    Barb in WI

Comment

Good Morning, I have uploaded the new version but am confused on how to finish this all out. Take a look at the screenshot.
    Attached Files

Comment

I did have to enter my serial number and then go back to activate. I see that there no longer is the red arrow to go back, but a smaller blue one.
    Linda

Comment

Editing a comment
      Linda, I am not sure what you mean. Can you explain a little more?

Editing a comment
      Ahh, you're talking about the Recent Files list. Since you updated to the new version, there won't be any recent files displayed that were opened in the previous version. A you open files/save files in the new version, you will begin to build a Recent File list.

Editing a comment
      Or, if you might be talking about the Undo feature? It is still there or you can press CTRL Z.

Having trouble saving to PDF.....It kind of locks up. What can I do?? I updated yesterday.

Comment

Editing a comment
      Hi Sherry,

We just found out the new version's export feature is crashing Studio. You will need to do a screenshot using Snippy which is included with Windwos or DuckCapture which is a free screencapture software. We are working on the Export issue now.

• Anna Davis
      Anna Davis commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, you can only export as a JPEG. If you have professional Adobe, you can print to pdf, but only if you have that program.

After installing the update, I am getting a message box- I did a screen shot and that is attached to this post...not sure what to do. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTE: EXPORT ISSUE with new update

It appears Studio crashes when you try to Export. We are working to correct this issue now.

Please use the comment feature located to the bottom left of this post to reply to this post if you are having trouble with this issue.

In the meantime, you can do a screenshot of your rendering. You can use Snippy (which is included in your Windows software) you can also download a free screenshot software which is DuckCapture. Below is a link to download DuckCapture:
    Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

• Linda Rayburn
      Linda Rayburn commented
      Editing a comment
      I just did the update and I cannot export. I get the "Your application has stopped working and needs to close " message.

Editing a comment
      Hi Linda, yes that is correct. You can do screenshots of your renderings as I mentioned above.

IMPORTANT NOTE: FONT SIZE ISSUE

We have a few users that are experiencing an issue with Studio's font size being very small. The majority of our users have not had any issue with the font size. One user mentioned she has a Lenovo Yoga laptop.

Please use the comment feature located to the bottom left of this post to reply to this post if you are having trouble with this issue.

For those of you that don't have Windows 10 Creator installed you can return to the previous version of 3.5 Rel 1. If you have Windows 10 Creator, Studio won't open with our previous version. Uninstall Studio 3.6 and then click on the link below to install the previous version.

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

• Linda Rayburn
      Linda Rayburn commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a Lenovo Envy laptop. Prior to this 3.6 MMS update ( I do not yet have the Windows 10 Creator update) I had to manually change my display settings from the Lenovo recommended /default font app display125% to 100% in order for me to be able to add color or fabrics to my studio designs. The fonts and overall size of MMS was larger before resetting to the 100%. Now after the update, yes the fonts appear smaller at the 100% setting, but I no longer have to go in and change the display size in my settings. I am hoping when the Creator update is done my screen will appear at a larger size, if not this is still 1 less step for me.

• Anna Davis
      Anna Davis commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think when the update to Creator happens that it will make your view larger.

Editing a comment
      Hi Linda, Thanks, for that information. I don't think Windows 10 Creator will fix the size of the font. We are looking into the issue. The other two users that have this issue told me their font size if 250% so their font is very small. Glad your font size is only 125%.

Can I reverse the upgrade - I don't have 10 and don't feel like messing with this until it's all fixed.

Comment

I installed the new version and had issues so I read the post above and uninstalled the new version and re-installed 3.5.
    still having issues.
    I read the issue about font size and looked through all setting and have NO idea where to fix this. everything else works fine on my new pc. I don't appear to have Windows Creator installed.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Elena Zanfei
      Elena Zanfei commented
      Editing a comment
      ok, so what do I do now? I didn't have this issue before upgrading to your new version :-( and I don't have issues with anything else

Editing a comment
      You might try to go back to a restore point on your computer.

Type Restore in the search box located on left in your bottom taskbar > from the search results click Create Restore Point > click System Restore and hopefully you have some Restore points you can choose from. This should take you back to your computer system configuration prior to the upgrade. It doesn't affect your files in any way only software and system changes that have been made recently.

Editing a comment
      Hi Elena,

Our programmer asked users experiencing the small font issue to try this:

Try this: Change your font size to 100% then log off of your user account or reboot. Then log back into Studio and let me know if the font changed.

In your 3.6 update fixes window 10 issues message with instructions you said that I would have to enter my serial number once the update is complete. I went through the update process (in both Explorer and Firefox) and it never asked for the serial number, is something wrong? Earlier I followed your instructions to block the Windows update to Creator, could this have something to do with it?

Comment

Editing a comment
      Hi Karen,

You can check Studio to see what version you have. Click Options > About Studio > and you'll be able to see whether you have 3.5 or 3.6. If you have 3.6 then you have Studio's update installed.

I have not upgraded to Windows 10. Will this Studio update still work for me?
    Linda Yackle
    M.Y. Window Designs
    Crystal Lake, Illinois

Comment

Editing a comment
      Hi Linda, the new update does allow you to work with Windows 10 Creator, however, when trying to export Studio stops working. We have a fix for the export issue but we are testing that fix now. So you could wait to do Studio's update until we get the export feature fixed.

I've up dated everything and just lost all my drawing trying to export!!
    Help!!

Comment

• Anna Davis
      Anna Davis commented
      Editing a comment
      If you lost your drawing go into your auto backup and retrieve it there. Don't continue until you do this. If you open studio and start working again it will overwrite the auto backup file you may need if you did not name the file.

That is right Don, this update was for Windows 10 users with Creator. So you did not have to do the update unless you are a windows 10 user. If you go back you will read that export is not working at this time and that you will need to use a snipping tool to capture a rending and make into a JPEG. I use the snipping tool all the time instead of the export. In post #13 we talk about the export not working.

Editing a comment
      Hi Don, I sent you an email about 30 minutes ago. We do have a fix for the export issue. I sent you instructions.

Hi Debbie; Will you send me the fix for the export also, please. I have no idea how to do a screen shot/snipping tool or whatever!
    Linda

Comment

Editing a comment
      Hi Linda, I sent you an email with instructions for the fix. This fix addresses both the font and the export issue.
Working...
X