Eye dropper tool not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye dropper tool not working

I'm having problems getting the eye dropper tool to work this morning. I've tried using the eye dropper icon, the Fill Colour menu>Select Colour from Image>eyedropper, and I've also tried right clicking on the item I want to fill and then Properties> Fill. The only thing that happens is that the fill colour defaults to pale grey. Please help!

Other Studio users have experienced this when they change the font size or the resolution on their display. Have you checked to see if this is causing the eye dropper problem?
    read this thread for more info: https://www.minutesmatterstudio.com/...o-select-color

Comment

My screen resolution is 100%.

I also right clicked on the raspberry, but I don't see the Troubleshoot option that Anna referred to in the thread you've linked to.

I think this is something that's happened since the upgrade. I'm on Windows 8 - could there be a conflict somewhere?

Comment

• Anna Davis
      Anna Davis commented
      Editing a comment
      You right clicked on the icon on your desktop correct, not the raspberry in the program once it is open.

No, it was the raspberry in the programme once it's open. I don't have a raspberry on my desktop. I have an icon like a little PC monitor on my desktop for the MM remote connection. If I right click on that, I don't see the Troubleshoot option there either.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Catherine, Oh we didn't realize you talking about Studio Online. All of us thought you were talking about the desktop version of Studio. The eyedropper tool is working correctly in Studio Online.

Try this as a test: Drag over an object to your workspace > click to select all or part of the object > click on the eyedropper icon on your Quick Access toolbar > drag the eyedropper off and touch any color and click okay. Let us know if that works.

Oh, sorry! OK, I've tried again and the eyedropper still isn't working. The same thing happens that I had this morning - the colour defaults to grey, rather than the colour want to select with the eyedropper. Screenshot attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Anna Davis
      Anna Davis commented
      Editing a comment
      Try it now. Let me know. Just remember it works anywhere inside of online but will not jump to your personal computer.

The eyedropper now works if I click on one of the colours in the hexagon, but doesn't work if I try and pick up a colour from a photo.

See this screenshot - I picked up the dark blue from the hexagon with the eyerdropper, but if I then try and pick up the pink from the photo, the colour defaults to light grey.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Anna Davis
      Anna Davis commented
      Editing a comment
      Tell me more of what you are doing. I used the eyedropper and Debbie used it and it is working. I opened all our accounts and it is working on all of the accounts we have.

• Debbie Green Sutherland
      Debbie Green Sutherland commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you leave the photo on your screen and let me log in as you? I can login as you and it will kick you off but leave the rendering open.

• Catherine Lepreux
      Catherine Lepreux commented
      Editing a comment
      Debbie - the photo is in Pictures>Website Collage Summer 2017 and is Catherine Lepreux (4).jpg.

I need to head out for the evening, it's nearly 6.30pm here, and I'll leave everything open for you.

As far as I know, I'm not doing anything differently from what I've done previously, when the eyedropper did work:

- open up Studio Online via the shortcut on my desktop
    - change the ruler from inches to cm
    - draw a rectangle using the rectangle icon
    - import a photo using the import photo icon (the pink wallpaper / black mirror photo is in my Pictures folder on Studio Online)
    - highlight the rectangle and grab the eyedropper via the eyedropper icon
    - drag the eyedropper over to the pink walllpaper photo, touch the pink.
    - the "new" colour box turns grey
    - click ok and the rectangle turns grey

Comment

As soon as I logged in I knew it was the font issue like Merlyn mentioned. Studio and your font were much larger on my monitor than all the other accounts I have logged into. I changed to the default font size and your eyedropper is working perfectly now.

Not sure how the font size got changed in your account, anyway you're all set now.

BTW, yes you were doing everything correctly in Studio.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Catherine Lepreux
      Catherine Lepreux commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great, thanks Debbie! No idea how I managed to change the font size, but I'll watch out for this in future!
Working...
X