Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minutes Matter Application Has Stopped Working

Hi,
    I successfully loaded Studio on my new laptop with windows 10.
    I am now getting the attached message.
    It looks like it begins to open but then this pops up and I have to close out.
    I know I have the latest version.
    I have uninstalled the program, restarted and reinstalled it and continue to get this message.
    Firewall? Security?
    Suggestions?

Thank you in advance
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

I just tried to use Studio today after downloading the Windows 10 latest update. I'm getting the same message and it won't let me in.

Comment

Think I found a solution to our Windows 10 problem. I uninstalled Windows 10 Creator Update Version 1703 and rolled my computer back to an earlier version 1607. And now my MMS is working. Yeah!!
      Go to settings Update & Security - Recovery. Go back to the previous version of Windows 10. It took 10-15 minutes on my computer.
      Anna Davis I did nothing to my MMS. It's the Windows update that is the problem.

Comment

• Anna Davis
        Anna Davis commented
        Editing a comment
        Creator update 1703 is not even on my list, mine is 1607 and shows me up today as of today.

• Joann Fullen
        Joann Fullen commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Julie, your fix worked! When removing there was a comment section on why I was uninstalling...I mentioned it messed up Minutes Matter program. Told them to get in touch with the Tech Support at Minutes Matter to see why their updates keep messing us up!
        Thanks again...a life saver!!!!!

• Debbie Green Sutherland
        Debbie Green Sutherland commented
        Editing a comment
        JoAnn, YAY so glad you're back up and running with Studio. I am in the process of composing an email to all Studio users letting them know about this issue with Windows 10 and the urgency of correcting it right away! 10 days is not long. Also, thanks for mentioning in the comment to Microsoft that you were rolling back because it prevented your Minutes Matter software from opening. I going to mention that in my email as well.

Debbie you are welcome. I needed to use Studio so I had to find a solution.
      I have a new computer that came with Windows 10.
      its the update called Creator Update that is the problem. I updated last Friday.

Comment

Anna and I have both checked our Windows 10 updates and we don't have Windows 10 Creator. I think you're right Julie it has something to do with Windows 10 Creator. There must be a reason why some people have Windows Creator installed and some of us don't.

Do any of you on this thread use Office 365?

Comment

When I purchased 2017 HP Envy Laptop with Windows 10 and 365 Office in March 2017 I was able to download MM. it worked until April 26th. I tried everything everyone else did with no success. I was concerned that if I was to reset Windows that another update would not allow MM again. I will now try to eliminate Windows 10 Creator. thank you for all your comments and Debbie for trying to help us.

Comment

I'm one of the 10 with the problem. My HP Envy laptop was new in January, and like Cheryl, I also have Office 360. Minutes Matter worked fine until I did the Windows update in April. My computer guru tried A LOT of things but nothing has worked so far. I just looked to see that I do have the 1703 version of Windows 10, but as I was looking, I saw that it has automatically updated itself on various days, so my question is this -- what will keep it from coming right back if I somehow go back to 1607? I did try right clicking and opening as admin - no difference -- still won't open. I really don't want to reset the computer if there is ANY way to avoid it because it took many, many hours to get all the programs onto the new computer, and after uploading Outlook, it took forever to get the contacts over from the old computer. Anna - how can Microsoft say your computer is "up to date" when you have 1607 instead of 1703? Microsoft should know about this problem and send a fix for it!!! I have retrieved my old computer and am using it just so I can have Minutes Matter back, but I'm on borrowed time. It cut off in the middle of a drawing yesterday. I'm glad some of you have found a way around this problem -- I'll let you know if I ever get it fixed.

Comment

• Anna Davis
            Anna Davis commented
            Editing a comment
            Try to uninstall the 1703 update. The reason we don't have it but our computers are up to date is because everyone will not get this update at the same time. This is a new update that they are rolling out but not all at one time. It looks like all will receive this update over the next 3 months. Here is a article about the update and how many can delay the update. http://www.windowscentral.com/how-de...our-pc-and-why

Editing a comment
            Pat, rolling back to the previous version of Windows 10 (1607) will remove the new Windows 10 Creator operating system which will then allow Studio to run. Read the article link Anna gives below and maybe you have the option to defer the update if you don't have Windows 10 Home. If you have Windows 10 Home that is not an option for you.

Pat and Anna,
          I read several articles that many people are not happy with the updates and that HP Envy was one of the first computers to receive the updates. I also read the article about delaying the updates. This Windows Creator has created a nightmare for several apps and programs. My tech recommended me not uninstall the 1703 update. I have also thought that every time there is an update we will lose MM again. I am going to wait for Microsoft to correct this problem and just use MM on my old 2007 Windows laptop. Good Luck to everyone with this problem!! Cheryl

Comment

• Anna Davis
            Anna Davis commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't agree with your tech. I have read a lot about this the last few hours and the "New Windows 10 Operating system 1703" is causing lots of issues. This has nothing to do with the security of your computer.

• Anna Davis
            Anna Davis commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Cheryl, it also could affect any of your programs. It is not just Minutes Matter that may not work.

Ok, this is what I have found Microsoft is pushing a new version of Windows 10. If you do the New Windows Creatorsupdate 1703 then all pro users need to defer their updates until this issue is resolved. Deferring your update does not stop your normal security updates it only stops the update to the new Windows 10 Creator operating system. Yes, this is a new operating system they are making us install. If you already have the new 1703 operating system you can go back just restore your system to before the update. If you have Windows 10 home you cannot defer the update. You don't have the update but it is coming in the next few months. If you are a windows 10 home think about updating to pro, there you can defer your updates.

Here is an article that all Windows 10 users need to read.

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-de...dwos10_cu_home

Again I would like to say if you defer this will not stop your security updates only the new operating system being pushed out.

Comment

For those who updated from a previous version of Windows, here's a workaround you might try:
            Right click on your Studio icon from the task bar or wherever you access it. Then right click again and choose Properties. From there click on Compatibility and select a previous version of Windows.

more info:http://www.windowscentral.com/window...lems-and-fixes

how do you know if you have Creators installed on your computer? Follow the directions in the attached screen shot. You'll see the 1703 listed if you have it.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Editing a comment
              Hi Merlyn, Do you have Windows 10 on your computer? If so, do you have this update installed on your computer?

• Anna Davis
              Anna Davis commented
              Editing a comment
              Click on file explorer, (the yellow folders in your taskbar). Right click on This PC, click properties and a window will open showing your information about your computer and the operating system you are on.

I have 1607 version of Windows 10 Home, so no update yet... just keeping my fingers crossed and wishing I had the Pro version to prevent it from updating, but that seems unlikely that Microsoft will even allow that!

Comment

• Merlyn
              Merlyn commented
              Editing a comment
              How to defer (but it seems it will eventually be mandatory on all computers!) http://www.windowscentral.com/how-de...our-pc-and-why

• Anna Davis
              Anna Davis commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I do think it is something we will have to install but hoping they fix the bugs first and the defer will help until then.

• Merlyn
              Merlyn commented
              Editing a comment
              You can defer for up to 60 days if you have Pro or Education versions, so perhaps by then they will have the kinks worked out. Newer isn't always better.

A HUGE shout out to Debbie, Anna and Merlyn!
            I always say that excellent customer support is what sets Minutes Matter Studio apart from the competition.
            It is obvious all of you spent the afternoon researching this issue.
            There is comfort in knowing I am not alone.

I will revert to before the update and delay updates. I do have Windows 10 Pro. Will all of my recent files be affected?

Comment

• Anna Davis
              Anna Davis commented
              Editing a comment
              The only thing that will be affected is if you have downloaded any new software. If you revert back only those installs will be affected. Files are not affected when you go back in your timeline or do a System Restore point.

It appears you only have 10 days to roll back to the previous version of windows. Windows 10 Creators Update installed on my computer May 10. I am beyond the 10 days so the only option is to reinstall the operating system. I am not willing to do this. I have spent way too much time setting up the programs just the way I like it.
            At your advice, I have gone into my old laptop, which does not have the update yet, and turned on metered data to delay the update.
            Researching online, there are ALOT of issues with this new update.
            Thank you again for all of your researching and advice.

Comment

Editing a comment
              Hi Marie, I did see something about the 10-day restriction, but I can remember where. I think I saw on my Windows 10 Home computer when I clicked History in the update area. I couldn't roll back to an earlier version because I was past 10 days. Thank goodness Windows Home computers hasn't received this update yet.

Have you tried the directions offered here: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollba...reators-update
            I didn't find anything here about a ten day restriction.

Comment

Debbie my email is through Go Daddy and they use Office 365.

Comment

My email is also through GoDaddy and Office 365. Not all the emails from GoDaddy are Office 365 but if you keep the emails, Office 365 can handle more storage.
              Back to the main theme, however: I am alarmed to find I have Windows Home, not Pro, and cannot do anything to defer the update, as far as I can tell. Do I move Minutes Matter Studio to my Vista laptop? (After I check to make sure it is still running Vista)

Comment

• Anna Davis
                Anna Davis commented
                Editing a comment
                You can wait about the move. If you update and don't turn it back the Vista laptop would be your next step until this can be figured out.

I also cannot figure out what I do to change to Windows Pro. If I do, won't they just give me Creator with the change at this point?

Comment

• Anna Davis
                Anna Davis commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes they will, it is really to late to update. Just be aware once it updates you can go back in the first 10 days and please give the reason when you do, it will ask.

My program had not stopped working, but when Debbie sent an e-mail about Windows Creator, my husband was able to disable any automatic settings on Windows 10. It was time consuming, but worth it since at the first sign of "technological difficulties" I freak out!! Windows 10 is not my friend!
              Linda

Comment

Editing a comment
                Hi Linda, Anytime you get a notice there is a Windows update you could let the update install and then roll it back if Studio or another program doesn't work properly. Thanks for sharing!

I am trying to stop the update ...wish me luck.

Comment

I just received a notice from Microsoft that Windows 10 Operators is coming soon to my computer. I am interested in hearing about others' experiences with making Minutes Matter Studio work with this update. Thanks!

Comment

• Anna Davis
                  Anna Davis commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Merlyn Windows 10 and Studio at this time do not work together. You will need to revert back to the old system, you will have 10 days to do this once the update takes place.

Editing a comment
                  Hi Merlyn, If your computer updates to Windows 10 Creator, you'll receive an error message that Studio Stopped Working and had to close. There isn't a workaround right now that will allow Studio to work with this new version of Windows 10. Like Anna said, if the update installs on your computer Roll Back the update and do it quickly as you only have a 10-day window to Roll Back to the regular version of Windows 10.
              Working...
              X