No announcement yet.

Minutes Matter Application Has Stopped Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I understand that. I just want to be sure that it works and would like to hear from some of the people who have posted here or others that they were successful in uninstalling Operators and going back to version 1607 on a home computer. It worked for Julie - do you have Pro or Home? How about Marie or Bethsat or Linda? Thanks!

Comment

I got a notice also.

Comment

I am being asked to review my settings and approve before I receive the Windows Creator update. I do not see any way to decline.

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
          Debbie Green Sutherland commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Jane, do you have the Home or the Pro edition of Windows 10? If you have Pro you will be able to defer the update. Instructions are in the email that was sent out. If you receive the update you'll be able to roll-back the update. Just make sure you keep an eye out for the update as you only have 10-days to roll it back.

Be sure to use the comment feature, if possible, when replying as comments help keep this thread from being so long. If you need to add a jpeg you won't be able to use the comment feature.

I am very happy to report that the uninstall of Operators and rollback to previous version went well. It took about 3 hours to install the update and twenty minutes to undo it. Studio is working. My Internet seems slow (Firefox) but that could be the time of day (5 PM Friday night and school is out for the summer here). I made you a little checklist if you have Windows Home version as I do. It's not difficult, so do not be intimidated. Just do it as soon as you are notified the update is going in, as Debbie mentioned.

Debbie, I would have used the comment section but you can't upload anything there.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Donna Marie Mushinskie
          Donna Marie Mushinskie commented
          Editing a comment
          When will we know it's safe to install? I've blocked the installation using Bonnie's instructions below, but want to know when it's safe to reverse the steps and install the update. I'll keep "googling" it, but would love to hear from anyone here...thanks!!

Editing a comment
          Hi Donna, we will post on this thread as well as sending out an email letting you we have resolved the issue. Keep postponing as long as you can until you hear from us.

• Donna Marie Mushinskie
          Donna Marie Mushinskie commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Debbie. I love MMS and would be disappointed if I couldn't use it for a while. I'll keep postponing for as long as i can. Thanks for all of your help.

None of the suggestions in this thread have worked for me, and I've tried everything except giving up on Windows 10 altogether. As one of you said earlier, I've spent too many hours getting my programs the way I want them to go back. I just talked to Microsoft Support, (which I also did the day after I first had the problem). They don't have a fix and don't intend to develop one. Their viewpoint is that Microsoft is sending the appropriate updates that users need. If we have an older program that is no longer compatible, we can either go back to Windows 7 or 8, or we can buy the updated version of our software. In other words, they say it's a problem for the developers of Minutes Matter, and not for Microsoft. I am curious if all Windows 10 users will eventually suffer this fate. Even though I have other "older" programs I use, so far, this is the only one that has been affected. I'm going to reluctantly bite the bullet and go ahead with the cloud version of Minutes Matter. I assume no one has had a problem with that -- correct? Funny thing - I almost paid a lot extra to buy a new computer that had Windows 7 installed on it, but in the end, that seemed counter-intuitive, and I could deal with the few changes I'd have to make to use Windows 10. That included buying a cloud version of Design Manager, but I was thrilled that Minutes Matter kept on working. I do want to say thank you to Debbie and Anna for giving this their best efforts. See you in the cloud!

Comment

Editing a comment
          Hi Pat,

Yes this update is coming to ALL Windows 10 users. Unfortunately, you were one of the first of our users that encountered this problem and now you are way past the 10-day window that would allow you to roll-back the Windows 10 Creator update.

I just got a notice that I have to approve privacy settings before it can download. Maybe I can put this off until it is fixed. I also have the home version.

Comment

• Anna Davis
          Anna Davis commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be great if everyone had to approve the update and all you had to do is say no.

Not happy with this whole Windows 10 situation. My laptop has not updated yet mainly because I decided to turn the wifi off on my computer so it won't update. I'm hoping that keeps it from updating.

Question, is there a Mac version that you actually buy and download onto a Mac computer or is that all online with a monthly subscription?

Sincerely,
        Cleo Marthel

Comment

Editing a comment
          Hi Cleo, We don't have a Mac version for Studio. You're correct, Mac users use Studio Online which is the monthly subscription. Since you own Studio you would get a discounted price to purchase the online version of Studio.

• Anna Davis
          Anna Davis commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Cleo, if your laptop is on wifi you can meter the updates to control them. You do have to be connected to the Internet when using studio or your activation will go away.

Thanks for the info Debbie and Anna. Debbie, do I call in to find out how much the monthly subscription will be with the discount?

Comment

Editing a comment
          Hi Cleo, I will check your account and email you with your discount. I will have to manually run the order for you since it is a speical order.

I haven't received the update yet, I am running Parallels on a MacBook Pro. I googled HOW TO STOP WINDOWS 10 Update. I have read here that there is no way to stop it updating on the HOME version, which is what I have. However, here's what came up on google. I'm going to try it, wondering if anyone else has done this?
        How to block the Creators Update on Windows 10 Home
        If you're running Windows 10 Home, it's still possible to block your computer from getting the Creators Update using a metered connection.
        A metered connection is a feature built in Windows 10 meant to help you control data usage if you have a limited data plan for internet access. However, when you set a network connection as metered, it also prevents the OS from downloading and installing updates.
        Although updates are important to keep your device secure and running with the latest enhancements, you can temporarily use a metered connection to prevent the Windows 10 Creators Update from installing without compromising the security of your device.
        To set a network connection as metered on Windows 10, do the following:
        1. Open Settings. Click on Network & internet. Click on Wi-Fi. Click the network connection you use to connect to the internet.

Turn on the Metered connection toggle switch.

After Windows 10 receives several updates, and you feel it's ready, you can revert the changes by using the same steps, but make sure you turn off the Metered connection toggle switch on step No. 5.
        Unfortunately, this only works on Wi-Fi connections, and there is no specific option on the Settings app to set an Ethernet connection as metered. However, you can use this guide to get around this issue.
        It should be noted that starting with the Creators Update, you can now set Ethernet connections as metered using the Settings app.
        Wrapping things up
        Although we listed a number of ways to block the Windows 10 Creators Update, we're not suggesting that you shouldn't install it. The new major update of Windows 10 brings a lot of great improvements, including a better update delivery system, new security tools, tons of new options and tweaks in the Settings app, support for 3D and mixed reality, and much more.
        However, during the initial phase of a new rollout, there is a chance that your PC, laptop, or tablet may come across unwanted issues, and delaying a new feature update until you're ready for it may prove to be a wise move.

Comment

My studio wont open. When i go to About Windows it says i have version 1703. But under settings-update history- it says it requires a restart to finish installing. is there a way to stop it from finishing?
          Denise Shivers

Comment

• Merlyn
            Merlyn commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you will have to restart your computer and allow the update to finish installing. Then follow the steps to revert to the previous version. See my post #24

I was updated overnight and so far all is well. I did nothing but post-pone and many times as possible. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Comment

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!

We think we have a fix for our issue with Windows 10 Creator.

You don't have to uninstall your existing version of Studio. You may need to copy/paste your serial number from your CustomerHub account once you install this new version. Once you click the link below > click the down arrow and select Direct Download and follow the usual prompts when you install software. We have found most people have the least amount of trouble installing Studio when they download via a Firefox or Chrome browser. If you still have trouble downloading, try turning off your anti-virus.

The new version is 3.6.0, you can confirm this by clicking Options (upper left corner) > About Studio > you can see the release date and any modules you have purchased.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3saabcv0afm6y5/MMStudio_3.6.0_Setup.exe?dl=0

Please comment on my post to let me know your results. (Once I hear from several of you, we will send out an email to everyone letting them know we have a new version that corrects the issue.)

NOTE: I forced my HP computer with the Home version of Windows 10 to update to Windows 10 creator. I experienced the error message and Studio 3.5 Rel 1 crashed, then I installed the new version 3.6.0 and Studio opened and worked without an issue. I was told that the problem was Windows 10 Creator uses a message number that Studio has always used, once we changed that randon number everything worked perfectly. What were the changes in that?? Such an easy fix, but so hard to find in thousands of lines of code.

Comment

• Donna Cash
            Donna Cash commented
            Editing a comment
            Debbie, I'm using a mouse. Anna, I did activate the program with my serial number.

Editing a comment
            Did you uninstall, reboot and reinstall Studio?

• Donna Cash
            Donna Cash commented
            Editing a comment
            No Debbie. I will try this over the weekend. Thanks.
        Working...
        X