Taking Liberties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Liberties

If you've watched any of the webinar collection, you've probably heard me saying something about taking "artistic liberties." When you're drawing in two dimension, it's difficult to show the furnishings in perspective - they tend to be narrowed down and flattened. So we don't actually show how things look in real life. This is where I got in trouble with the attached rendering of a baby boy's nursery transitioning into a big boy's room. I wanted to use a chaise longue in the nursery and used the two wall template with the side wall at an exaggerated angle to show the chaise better. Then I switched the crib to a bed and wondered why (duh?!) I could no longer fit the chaise. I did a quick but to-scale floorplan and realized there was only enough room because I had made that wider angled wall to fit! Literally back to the drawing board and substituted a comfy chair instead. If you want the crib/bed and changing table templates, email me at corky301@aol.com

PS what got me going on this theme was being inspired by an hombre herringbone patterned paint technique on a wall. It morphed into more of a chevron design which then made me think of arrows and on to Native American accessories and the Ralph Lauren fabrics that could grow with the baby.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Using that design concept for the baby would definitely make it easier to transform the room into a big boy room! Love those animal prints for the nursery.

I would love the crib and the changing table .mms templates. Lee, my youngest son, and his wife are expecting their second child which is going to be a girl June 10th.

Comment

Those baby animal prints are adorable, everyone is using them! Congratulations on the upcoming event - another sweet girl to add to your family! crib and changing table.mms

Comment

Beautiful, my daughter had twins in August last year we did the room with animals but they are more cartoon. I will keep this in the back of my brain for Gunner when he gets older to show Kristin my daughter.

Comment

Working...
      X