Closed Arch drapery panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed Arch drapery panels

How would I create a closed arch drapery panel either pinch pleat or gathered. I see many that are pulled back but I need to create a closed panel not pulled back for an half circle and for a quarter circle.
    Lisa Harris
    Sew Perfect Draperies, Inc.

Try using the Pinch Pleat Closed image to get the straight lines for the folds of the drapery and then use the pinch pleat component heading and space around the arch to follow the curve. You would create a polygon shape to create an entire background so it could be filled. Then use the line tool to trace the lines in the Pinch Pleat Closed image to create the drapery folds. I am typing fast as I am headed out the door. I will check back in this afternoon to see how you're doing.

The arch drapery images in Studio that you have already found will help you visualize the end result.

Comment

I used the close bezier tool to get the shape and then the pleated heading and lines (ungrouped from a 1.5 wom pinch pleat) to make the arched straight hang drapery. It's a bit challenging to manipulate all the edit points but this might work for you. Be careful if you ungroup the attached .mms file.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Debbie and Merlyn - I tried to open your attachment but it didn't do anything.
        Lisa Harris

Comment

I just checked and it's working for me. Send me an email and I'll email you the file. corky301@aol.com

Comment

Just sent it.
            Lisa Harris

Comment

• Anna Davis
              Anna Davis commented
              Editing a comment
              Lisa when you click on the mms file it auto downloads. Look in your download folder. If you are using firefox it will be at the top of the page if you are using chrome it is at the bottom of the computer screen.

It didn't download - but Merlyn emailed it to me.
            Lisa Harris

Comment

Well here's the final rendering. Thank you so much - my client loved the design.
              Attached Files
              Lisa Harris

Comment

• Debbie Green Sutherland
                Debbie Green Sutherland commented
                Editing a comment
                Great job! Perfect solution to be able to allow light in, defused view and keep the sun from heating the room up. Great use of Studio. Thanks for sharing.
            Working...
            X